Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Mega Airport Amsterdam

Looks like this is out over at Aerosoft. Is it time to give up on Cloud 9? It looks really nice.

Gosh I hope so. It's not reselling the Cloud9 version that has that stupid bglman.dll is it? I mean, I would love to loose it completely and hope that this is an Aerosoft version of the airport. Anyone know for sure?Mark

It's not reselling. This is a brand new version made buy the person who did Brussels and Arlanda.

It's not reselling. This is a brand new version made buy the person who did Brussels and Arlanda.
Just purchased and downloaded... As others have said, this is part of the Aerosoft Mega series, it is not the C9 version, is brand new, AES compatible (with 2.06 when released) and looks phenomenal! I am installing and getting ready for the flight from EWR.Andre, if you are reading this I am on my way!!! :( Thanks for the heads up, enjoy this guys, we always moan about developers forgetting about FS9 so let's support the guys who support us or we really will see all developers forget us!Cheers,-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Will be buying as soon as I hear a definite answer regarding compatibility with the NL2000 scenery.

Will be buying as soon as I hear a definite answer regarding compatibility with the NL2000 scenery.
Have to say, just installed and did a quick hop and all I can say is run, don't walk, push kids, dogs and women out of your way if you have to but get it!!!!You will not be disappointed, it is phenomenal, no Frame Rate hit, AESLite with traffic moving moving ALL OVER the airport and surrounding roads, textures that are unreal, just a complete winner in every respect.Huge Thank You for this one...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

hehe, for some reason, I've had the feeling it was going to be released today when I got up. I bought it less than one hour after it was released, downloaded but did not have time to install it yet. Paul's post makes me feel impatient tho, and smiling, as I trust his taste for good scenery. I never had any other EHAM than the default one, never bothered with the C9 scenery since when it had been released a few years ago I had read many people dispappointed.So today is a good day.

Looks like a purchase for me this weekend. If people produce high quality FS9 products, I'll probably buy them.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Have to say, just installed and did a quick hop and all I can say is run, don't walk, push kids, dogs and women out of your way if you have to but get it!!!!You will not be disappointed, it is phenomenal, no Frame Rate hit, AESLite with traffic moving moving ALL OVER the airport and surrounding roads, textures that are unreal, just a complete winner in every respect.Huge Thank You for this one...-Paul
Oh ye, I've not doubt it will be fantastic. Regardless, if it doesn't work with the NL2000 package then it's of no use to me as if you've used the latest version of NL2000, you can't live without it!

Is it true that any attemp to modify AFCAD file will cause default structure to reappear, since terrain exclusion was incorporated with either AFX or ADE?Thanks

Looks like this is out over at Aerosoft. Is it time to give up on Cloud 9? It looks really nice.
Thanks for the heads up.Thank you Aerosoft, another FS9 winner resides on my hard drive.:(

Thanks for the heads up.Thank you Aerosoft, another FS9 winner resides on my hard drive.:(
Thanks Arnaud! I am waiting to hear your impression, I love it! got tied up with work today so doing a quick hop between EGCC and EHAM before bed now. Will do EWR-AMS tomorrow after my spinal injections :)Cheers!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Just installed it and spent an hour flying around it. Very well done, and framerate friendly, too! Hopefully enough of us will buy it to convince Aerosoft to be a multi-sim publisher for some time to come.

John G.

Have to say, just installed and did a quick hop and all I can say is run, don't walk, push kids, dogs and women out of your way if you have to but get it!!!!-Paul
LOL Paul, then it must be really, really good. :( Thanks for the heads up, EHAM will be mine next week when I'm back behind my computer.For those who have C9 EHAM, any issues with uninstall?Regards,Jure

Jure, I manually deleted just the C9 airport sceney (keeping the terrain and city folders in tact and below the new MA EHAM). All seems fine here except the A4 roadway just stops abruptly just outside the photo are of the airport (apparently it mesehes well with UTE though).It is much better on frames than the old C9 version and looks much more alive with the road traffic in and around the airport. Landing on 18C at night is excellent.