Sign in to follow this  
Guest hossain

PMDG 737-800

Guest hossain

Hello guys,I got the PMDG 737-800/900 series and when I am after flying it for about 30 minutes it just closes flight simulator, I know that there might be RAM problems but here is my pc info:Windows XP SP3 version 2002Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz2.99 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAMPhysical Address ExtensionThats all and I hope to get a reply.Kind Regards,Hossain.

Hello guys,I got the PMDG 737-800/900 series and when I am after flying it for about 30 minutes it just closes flight simulator, I know that there might be RAM problems but here is my pc info:Windows XP SP3 version 2002Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz2.99 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAMPhysical Address ExtensionThats all and I hope to get a reply.Kind Regards,Hossain.
Forum rules, you need to sign your posts with your full name or the post me be locked or deleted.As you mentioned, 1GB of ram is probably what is causing the issue. What video card to you have and are you using any other add ons?

George, the product page minimum is 256MB. Hossain, we need more information on the nature of the crash. Does XP give you an error message?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest hossain

Hello again,Well what happens is that FS2004 just shuts down without any messages it just closes instantly. You are right it's only requires 256MB to run it and I have a program called XAcars and Squawkbox I use XACARS to track my flight and Squawkbox to fly on VATSIM. My video card is an ATI 512MB one.My full name is Hossain Tavakkoli.Kind Regards,Hossain Tavakkoli

Try eliminating things. Try a different scenery area, try without ACARS or VATSIM.This is a pretty reliable product that has been out for a long time, it is not likely the 737 itself but something related.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can assure you that I used the pmdg 737 with a lot less ram than what you have, but I would highly suggest you get more ram in the near future id possible.Gerry Soulliere

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

George, the product page minimum is 256MB. Hossain, we need more information on the nature of the crash. Does XP give you an error message?
Ahh thanks Dan, but it also depends what else is running with FS9. 1GB is not much these days with all the services some programs load. For example I have seen some virus/spyware programs eat up 100's of MB RAM. Do you have anything else running in the background? Take a look at blackviper.com. Good site to help with creating an XP profile optimized to run FS9 on a machine with minimal resources.