Sign in to follow this  
bmr

AI Traffic Recommendation?

I am running WOAI and thing about upgrading to MY Traffic X or Ultimate Traffic 2. Would appreciate comments on which seemd best.I am running FSX Accelerator on an Intel Core i5, 8gb Windows 7 x64Thanks Bill

I have had MyTrafficX for close to two years and have never regretted going with MTX. The latest SimMarket version is MTX 5.2b. Go with a download from SimMarket, you get support direct from the author on a dedicated MTX forum, do not go with the Aerosoft version, support is supplied by Aerosoft and the support is just not as good.Rod

Depends on what you want! If you want AI with realistic schedules, go UT2, if you want to have more then realistic levels of aircraft then go with My Traffic X. I just got UT2 myself it it looks good! Previously I used WOAI, and the models in UT2 look just as good. I wasn't too impressed with the looks of the MTX models, IMHO! Performance wise UT2 seems a little better than WOAI! I was a little skeptical about UT2, with the reports of traffic injection, but with the SP1 update (Included in the full version if you are a new customer) it seems to be a non issue. Plus it seems to fix the problem of having to turn off airplane shadows at some airports in order to make it's AI traffic visible. (Introduced with FSX SP2)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I say go with MyTraffix X 5.2b (Simmarket).It's the one I use and I'm very happy with it: Simple, good frame rates (that's really important), crowded airports.I don't care too much about realistic schedules. And I heard they are difficult to develop, and may not be that fun. The realism I expect from my AI traffic program is like: ok, I just wan to see thousands of Fedex planes in Memphis. Are they there? Good. Deltas in Salt Lake City? They're over there too.You can get that with MyTraffic. The resolutions are not the best, so if you have a mid-performace system, that's the one for you.If you have a high-end system, you should take a closer look at UT2...That's what I think!

I have been using UT2 and really like it, my only complaints are for those who are new do doing reschedules or repaints of AI aircraft, the manual is a little lacking on instructions ( yes i know there are plenty of people who understand it fine, i don't ) and it has almost no cargo ( fedex, ups, dhl ) and no militray. but overall i think UT2 is a great product, and has a lot of great features in it.

HiI've had both My Traffic and Traffic X programs and finally settled on UT2 which suits me best. I run commercial aircraft at 100% with UT2 but I could only run the other 2 programs at 50%. One other point is that with My Traffic and Traffic X to get a reasonable amount at regional airports the traffic at large international airports is so great that I was queing for hours to take off whereas I don't get that with UT2 and if you want to jump any queue just use the shortcut key to reset the traffic.Just my 2 bits worth.RegardsPhil

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Good topic, I'm trying to decide too, I see that both packages are good. Some people complain about not showing much traffic with UT2...But for FPS, which one works better ?tks,Ulisses

Download UT2 and try it: if it works for you - keep it: if it doesn't you can return it under Flight1's very good return policy.. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.