Sign in to follow this  
Guest PolarB744

Auto Pilot disengage

Guest PolarB744

I am having trouble getting one of the buttons on the flight sim yoke to disengage the autopilot.This is what I am doing: Options-settings-control-Buttons/Key- Autopilot Master(on/Off) New assignment- press the button on the yoke and its configured to button 2. Then I go fly and it won't disconnect. Keyboard key "z" is also configured and the same happens when I press the z key on the keyboard, and that is nothing.I am running the simulator as administrator.ThanksKarel

Z doesn't disconnect AP? Verify that you have it set in the pmdg keycommands menu. Other keycommands working?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PolarB744
Z doesn't disconnect AP? Verify that you have it set in the pmdg keycommands menu. Other keycommands working?
Ok, I did what you said and now the z key disconnects the autopilot. Great!!!Is it possible to get the button on the yoke to disconnect as well? Thanks for your help

Ok, I did what you said and now the z key disconnects the autopilot. Great!!!Is it possible to get the button on the yoke to disconnect as well? Thanks for your help
Why don't you try setting the yoke button directly to "z"?

Guest PolarB744
Why don't you try setting the yoke button directly to "z"?
How do you do that?Karel van Grieken

Karel,IMHO the simplest & quickest way to get your various buttons configured is to assign them via the main FS Keyboard Command Menu, match this in the PMDG Keyboard Command Menu...then completely disable the Yoke & Pedals within FS.I have keyboard shortcuts to increase/decrease the Autobrake setting (just in case I land long), doors and many more.Then fully calibrate your Yoke & Pedals via a fully registered copy of FSUIPC. Assign the buttons you want to use on the Yoke via FSUIPC to directly match the key board assignments you set earlier within FS & the PMDG Menu.By doing this I have been able to assign & calibrate a spare lever on my yoke to operate the reversers...from IDLE REV right up to FULL REV, Rudder & Stab Trim, AP & A/T disconnect, TOGA & RTO, Gear Up/Down & many more.This avoids confusion & all but eliminates controller 'spikes' affecting the brakes & other flight controls.As you assign the buttons keep a list handy so that you don't loose track of where you are & what you're doing. Also very handy if you need to do a reinstall in the future.Kind RegardsSteve

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest PolarB744
Karel,IMHO the simplest & quickest way to get your various buttons configured is to assign them via the main FS Keyboard Command Menu, match this in the PMDG Keyboard Command Menu...then completely disable the Yoke & Pedals within FS.I have keyboard shortcuts to increase/decrease the Autobrake setting (just in case I land long), doors and many more.Then fully calibrate your Yoke & Pedals via a fully registered copy of FSUIPC. Assign the buttons you want to use on the Yoke via FSUIPC to directly match the key board assignments you set earlier within FS & the PMDG Menu.By doing this I have been able to assign & calibrate a spare lever on my yoke to operate the reversers...from IDLE REV right up to FULL REV, Rudder & Stab Trim, AP & A/T disconnect, TOGA & RTO, Gear Up/Down & many more.This avoids confusion & all but eliminates controller 'spikes' affecting the brakes & other flight controls.As you assign the buttons keep a list handy so that you don't loose track of where you are & what you're doing. Also very handy if you need to do a reinstall in the future.Kind RegardsSteve
Steve,This sound great. Now can you help me configure this step by step. I hope you have time!!!I have a new CH Flight Sim Yoke, CH pro pedals and would like all the button to work. Thanks Steve,Karel van Grieken

Steve,This sound great. Now can you help me configure this step by step. I hope you have time!!!I have a new CH Flight Sim Yoke, CH pro pedals and would like all the button to work. Thanks Steve,Karel van Grieken
Karel,Place the following into your internet search engine:CH Controls with FSUIPCNear the top should be a very helpful pdf file...I just followed the steps.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest PolarB744
Karel,Place the following into your internet search engine:CH Controls with FSUIPCNear the top should be a very helpful pdf file...I just followed the steps.
Thanks Steve,I will give it a try when I go home.Karel van Grieken