Sign in to follow this  
Guest PolarB744

IRS

Guest PolarB744

When I go to ad-ons/PMDG/Options/IRS and select instant, it still take 10 minutes for The IRS to align. (I made sure the IRS pos is entered)Karel

Full names required here Karel.Is the setting sticking? Is it the same value when you look at it again?If you have Vista or W7 it is probably a nanny security OS preventing the setting from being put in a .ini file. Set the pmdg folder and subfolders to admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PolarB744
Full names required here Karel.Is the setting sticking? Is it the same value when you look at it again?If you have Vista or W7 it is probably a nanny security OS preventing the setting from being put in a .ini file. Set the pmdg folder and subfolders to admin rights.
No, the setting is not sticking at all. And yes it is the same value when I check again. Also how to set the folders and subfolders to admin rights.btw I am using windows 7 64 bit.Still taking 10 minutes to align.Karel van Grieken

I turned off the nanny UAC.Right mouse click on folder and select properties, then security. You might want to add admin rights to the load manager executable as well.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PolarB744
I turned off the nanny UAC.Right mouse click on folder and select properties, then security. You might want to add admin rights to the load manager executable as well.
Hi Dan,I was able to follow you till the security tab and then from there I got lost.Maybe you can assist me further since I am not as computer literate as you.Thanks,Karel van Grieken

Hi Dan,I was able to follow you till the security tab and then from there I got lost.Maybe you can assist me further since I am not as computer literate as you.Thanks,Karel van Grieken
Hi Karel, Navigate to the "Security" tab. You should then see various names in the top box "Group or user names:". Your name should be in that list. Select it (highlight) and then choose edit.Make sure your name is still highlighted and check any boxes that may not already be checked for "Allow". Check all the boxes or you may have a top box "Full Control", if so, check it.Choose apply and then OK.This is also where you would find the "Compatibility" tab if you need it for anything in the future.Hope this helps,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

(This is yet another case of there being more than one way to skin a cat

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Guest PolarB744
(This is yet another case of there being more than one way to skin a cat

What have you done in your attempt so far? All you told us is thanks for the help.Have you assigned admin rights to the pmdg folders?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PolarB744
What have you done in your attempt so far? All you told us is thanks for the help.Have you assigned admin rights to the pmdg folders?
Yes I assigned admin rights to the PMDG Folders. And that is all I did.Karel van Grieken

Hi Karel, Not sure this is the same thing but it helped someone else not to long ago.Even though you may have the IRS set to instant, there still is a small amount of information the FMC needs before it will give you your screens as seen in a full IRU alignment. The "Pos INIT" page still needs you to copy and paste LSK 4R into LSK 5R before it will work if going from cold to dark. Once you do that, if the aircraft has moved and the new position doesn't agree with the last (the last time you used FS) it will shoot an error, I think just says something like "Enter position" or something like that a 2nd time. In this case, and even though you just set the values, you need to set them again by once again copy and paste LSK 4R into LSK 5R. It does this for confirmation I believe to make sure that you are aware of it, but again the IRS will not align if this step isn't done in a cold and dark situation, even if you have it set to instant.Hope this helps.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

If that didn't help then I am almost out of ideas. I turned off the UAC on my maching but you shouldn't have to do that.Try this: Uninstall the 747. Run the installer again to re-install the 747 but this time use a right-mouse menu to run as administrator. I'm not an expert on security features but that is the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

You can also try to de-activate your antivirus and firewall during the installation.Even if they're not supposed to they usually create several hard-to-find problems. I've had it a few tiems and now I temporarily disable them during installations.

Guest PolarB744
You can also try to de-activate your antivirus and firewall during the installation.Even if they're not supposed to they usually create several hard-to-find problems. I've had it a few tiems and now I temporarily disable them during installations.
Ok,I will try everything when I return home from my trip.ThanksKarel van Grieken

it still take 10 minutes for The IRS to align.
Karel, it's tax season. Hence an IRS alignment in 10 mins is pretty good. Got HR Blocks?I know, not constructive but couldn't resist.Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"