Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbreeze

Perfect Flight L-1011 problems

Guest cbreeze

Greetings,I just purchased and downloaded the Perfect Flight L-1011 on a special from PC Aviator. I should have done my homework and took a pass but oh well, it's too late. Anyway I am running a brand new computer with Win7 and FSX on it's own hard drive. When I installed the program I noticed that none of the 97 or so aircraft textures where displayed. When I select a particular airplane and try and fly, I get a white airplane with no detail. I also noticed that the VC displays only guages through a transparent instrument panel. I tried to uninstall the program which aparently does not come with a uninstall feature, the program does not appear in the Win7 add/remove window. So far, I have not had much luck with the Perfect Flight product support which seems nonexistent.Can anyone plese offer a suggestion as to what the problem might be? I would also like to know the best way to delete a program from FSX when I am unable to uninstall through windows. Right now my FSX is running great and I don't want to mess it up.If anyone is considering this program, take a pass.Thanks,Cbreeze

Just a quick guess. Do you have 'Preview Direct X 10' ticked in your FSX settings? Maybe the aircraft isn't compatible with DX10 and you'll need to turn it off to display its textures.

Guest cbreeze
Just a quick guess. Do you have 'Preview Direct X 10' ticked in your FSX settings? Maybe the aircraft isn't compatible with DX10 and you'll need to turn it off to display its textures.
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know.Cbreeze

Guest cbreeze
Carl,Thank you very, very much. I tried as you suggested and now it works like a charm. Maybe now I will give the program a second chance. These forums with people such as yourself are great. Thanks again,cbreeze

Guest cbreeze

just wanted to report that the program is running fine now but still not up to the high standards of other choices out there. One reason I wanted this program because it features the colorful vacation theme paint scheme used by ATA. My best friend was a pilot for ATA and flew this version.For future reference, I was wondering if someone could now tell me how to delete a program, such as this one, from FSX when there is no uninstall feature. I understand that you can't simply use the delete button.Thanks again,Cbreeze