Sign in to follow this  
Guest realatp

Piper Cheyenne Reality XP GNS 530XP

Guest realatp

I bought the RXP GNS 530XP. Now I'd like to put her in my DA Piper Cheyenne and have it work in the VC. I have read instructions but I guess I need like a config file and some other stuff, can anyone help. There are various sites that have links for this thing but most of those links are broken.

I bought the RXP GNS 530XP. Now I'd like to put her in my DA Piper Cheyenne and have it work in the VC. I have read instructions but I guess I need like a config file and some other stuff, can anyone help. There are various sites that have links for this thing but most of those links are broken.
HelloYou will need the GNS430 as that is what fits in the space vacated by the trimble.

Guest realatp
HelloYou will need the GNS430 as that is what fits in the space vacated by the trimble.
nah man, I want to replace the WX Radar in the VC with the 530XP, isn't that possilbe?

Guest 747-fan

I'm sure it can be done. Won't look perfect underneath the 3d buttons, but you'll see the screen and you can click it for 2D popup. 1: Install the gauge into the aircraft using the RXP utility. That'll add the 2D gauge. 2: Have a look at the airplane's panel.cfg file. First make a backup! You'll have to copy the RXP gauge entry, just the gauge name. Then replace any references to the weather radar with that gauge name. Keep the existing numbers in front of the gauge name, as those give you the placement and size.

Guest realatp
I'm sure it can be done. Won't look perfect underneath the 3d buttons, but you'll see the screen and you can click it for 2D popup. 1: Install the gauge into the aircraft using the RXP utility. That'll add the 2D gauge. 2: Have a look at the airplane's panel.cfg file. First make a backup! You'll have to copy the RXP gauge entry, just the gauge name. Then replace any references to the weather radar with that gauge name. Keep the existing numbers in front of the gauge name, as those give you the placement and size.
Ok but there like 5 differnt panel Cgf files and + I think I need to disable the trimble somhow, can u help thanks. O and wut do I replace the WX gauge name with? O and I thought the DA Cheynne had a configuration manager that lets u hide or disaply 3d Knobs? Here is picture of wut I want to do, except this is the OLD RXP GNS, I have the new one.http://fsbrasil.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/shot0660.jpg

HelloThe Cheyenne has an ini file setting that hides the 3d knobs on the trimble and enables the GNS430 to drive the APThe GNS 530 may still work but you will have a hole in the panel where the trimble was and 3d knobs from the WX radar poking through the GNS 530.The mod was done by Digital Aviation to replace the (somewhat) buggy Trimble with something more modern that would fit the slot vacated by the trimble.

Guest realatp

Ok i still dont know what to do. I want to put the GNS 430 in the Piper Cheyenne in place of the trimble GPS. I want it for both FS9 an X? How do I do that, please make a dumb person explnantion, cuz i've never dont this thanks.

Ok i still dont know what to do. I want to put the GNS 430 in the Piper Cheyenne in place of the trimble GPS. I want it for both FS9 an X? How do I do that, please make a dumb person explnantion, cuz i've never dont this thanks.
HelloHere is some info from the Digital Aviation ForumI have not checked if the file link still workshttp://www.digital-aviation.de/forum/viewt...f=35&t=6754

Ok but there like 5 differnt panel Cgf files and + I think I need to disable the trimble somhow, can u help thanks. O and wut do I replace the WX gauge name with? O and I thought the DA Cheynne had a configuration manager that lets u hide or disaply 3d Knobs? Here is picture of wut I want to do, except this is the OLD RXP GNS, I have the new one.http://fsbrasil.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/shot0660.jpg
Follow these steps:http://fsbrasil.wordpress.com/2010/01/07/cheyenne-map/

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)