Sign in to follow this  
Guest pasfort2

copying a bgl file from one location to another

Guest pasfort2

Hi, I'm new into this but I know Fs2004 quite well, I would like to copy a hospital with a helipad (bgl file) from one location to another, How can I do that ? With Afcad? Gmax ? Thanks

Hi, I'm new into this but I know Fs2004 quite well,I would like to copy a hospital with a helipad (bgl file) from one location to another,How can I do that ? With Afcad? Gmax ?Thanks
If the BGL file was created from an xml file you should be able to decompile the bgl into an xml file and then using Notepad or Wordpad, edit the location coordinates and recompile it once again. The recompiled bgl should be named differently than the original one was.There are one or two decompilers in the library and the standard BGLComp from MS can be used to compile.There may be other ways to do what you want but that is how I would tackle it.

Guest pasfort2
There may be other ways to do what you want but that is how I would tackle it.
Thanks David, I'll try this then.

Guest pasfort2

Ok, I've decompiled an existing bgl file.I've modified it and saved the new xml file.But when I try to compile this new xml file with MS bglcomp.exe a Dos window appears less than one second and I can't do anything.Sorry for what it seems to be a silly question.Jorge

Ok, I've decompiled an existing bgl file.I've modified it and saved the new xml file.But when I try to compile this new xml file with MS bglcomp.exe a Dos window appears less than one second and I can't do anything.Sorry for what it seems to be a silly question.Jorge
It is doing that because there is apparently an error in the xml file.Unfortunately BGLComp does not stop and tell you there is an error.I suspect when you changed the coordinates you interferred with the punctuation marks around them or made some other slight typo. BGLComp is very unforgiving in that regard.If you would like to PM me with your e-mail address, I will e-mail you back so then you can send me the original xml file and the one you edited. I would be happy to look them over and see if I can spot the problem. It would likely be easier to do this via direct e-mail than here in the forums.I look forward to hearing from you if you are interested.

On a general note. If you want to see the output of BglComp then you might download CompileHelper. This is available from the Download section of www.fsdeveloper.com. It is in the Scenery>Tools section as I recall.

Guest pasfort2

Hi scruffyduck and thanks for your answer,The Download section is not available.Maybe you have a copy of CompileHelper.I've contacted David anyway.By the way I have troubles writing a post. I can't see my mouse cursor on the text area. I have to write it on Notepad and paste it here.Jorge

On a general note. If you want to see the output of BglComp then you might download CompileHelper. This is available from the Download section of www.fsdeveloper.com. It is in the Scenery>Tools section as I recall.

Hi scruffyduck and thanks for your answer,The Download section is not available.Maybe you have a copy of CompileHelper.I've contacted David anyway.By the way I have troubles writing a post. I can't see my mouse cursor on the text area. I have to write it on Notepad and paste it here.Jorge
Try this link - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads...=file&id=75