Sign in to follow this  
Frankd1

HELLO ANYBODY THERE? Customer Support completely absent!

FOURTH ATTEMPT : Installation problem - Order Confirmation - 133264. Sorry but how much longer do I have to wait to get some assistance here? I spent my money with your product which I haven't been able to use so far, since February 4th, can someone please reply to me?I received an e-mail last week from Paul Gollnick Manager Customer/Technical Support - Precision Manuals Development Group and then he dissapeared!Is this the type of service you give your Customers? I don't believe it right?Please contact me. Thanks!!Frank D.

The dev's do have lives other than PMDG. I'm sure there is a rational explanation. I'm sure you will see one of the PMDG guys respond in here.

Joe Sherrill

The dev's do have lives other than PMDG. I'm sure there is a rational explanation. I'm sure you will see one of the PMDG guys respond in here.
Thanks Joseph, I really hope so I am a little surprised why I am not getting any assistance.I returned from my vacation last Friday Feb.12 and responded to Paul's e-mail, of the week before, and I have been waiting since then with no reply.My problem is already resolved except that I need the PMDG input to fix it.I hoipe this posting in the forum, asking for help, may recall other PMDG Members and hopefully speed up the process.Thank you for your understanding.Frank DiCandia

Wait? Your problem is resolved or not? What error did you get? Was it a validation error? If so, and you don't have any more activations then you need to email support and ask for more. Taylor Oldham

Wait? Your problem is resolved or not? What error did you get? Was it a validation error? If so, and you don't have any more activations then you need to email support and ask for more. Taylor Oldham
Thanks Taylor,In simple words I have purchased the B747-400X with my main e-mail account but when I tried to login through your new website it did not get recognized by your system so I went in through my other , secondary e-mail address, and purchased your new add-on the 747-8i/F.End result cannot proceed with the installation because the main product was purchased with my main e-mail address.Paul Gollnick offered, as a solution, to consolidate everything to my main e-mail address but never got back to me to finilize this step/process.Can you help?Thank you!Frank

Frank,I've moved the 747-8 purchase to the account that has the 400X on it. I'm sending you a forum PM right now with the account name and the reset password.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

LOL. Most of the people here on the forum are not PMDG support. I am just a follower of the forum. I think PMDG will transfer the purchase to your other account. I am not sure about that but when you emailed them did you get a auto response? If not then the email didn't go through. Try emailing again. I bet sometimes they get really busy and accidently delete emails. I would send another email and make sure you get an auto response from them assuring you that they got your email.EDIT: hahaha Ryan. You beat me to it.Taylor Oldham

...I returned from my vacation last Friday Feb.12 and responded to Paul's e-mail, of the week before, and I have been waiting since then with no reply....Frank DiCandia
So Frank, You don't bother to respond to his e-mail for a week and you blow a gasket because he is slow responding to yours? The read_me's were pretty clear about having to use the same e-mail account to purchase the add-on as you used for the original but you thought that wouldn't apply to you. Why not? Are you somebody important? So now that your problem has been solved, can we expect to see an apology or a thank you? Or would that be wishful thinking?

So Frank, You don't bother to respond to his e-mail for a week and you blow a gasket because he is slow responding to yours? The read_me's were pretty clear about having to use the same e-mail account to purchase the add-on as you used for the original but you thought that wouldn't apply to you. Why not? Are you somebody important? So now that your problem has been solved, can we expect to see an apology or a thank you? Or would that be wishful thinking?
C'mon Paul relax mate, I dont think he was being rude or insulting, he's a paying customer after all and it looks like his problem is resolved.Cheers

Rob Prest

C'mon Paul relax mate, I dont think he was being rude or insulting, he's a paying customer after all and it looks like his problem is resolved.Cheers
Maybe I should relax, but I thought he was being both rude and insulting, though I am just not certain if it was deliberate. Contrary to what some may think, being a customer does not give anybody the right to treat others with anything less then respect. I suppose it is a bit like having poor table manners; as an adult, no one will ever tell you you eat like a pig, they just avoid eating with you. Someday a stranger passes a comment you don't like and it starts you thinking about what you do. If Frank was unaware of the impact of his behaviour, then maybe now he will reconsider it.

The good news here is that we're about to get rid of our antiquated email support in favor of something web-based that is much more robust and easy to deal with. It'll also permanently eliminate the problems with people not getting our emails due to spam blocking at the ISP level etc. Not sure if it'll be ready this weekend or not (we're trying) but it should be very soon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Paul, I am not being rude and I am not insulting anyone here!I was on holiday with my family for a week and as soon as I was back I responded to Pauyl's e-mail, are you happy now?Is it a crime to go on vacation with the family? Besides I paid for the product I diodn`t get it for free where is my Customer support, wouldn`t anyone else feel the same?If you read my e-mail I have already made myself clear on the "problems" of logging in with my "regular" account on the NEW PMDG web site.I did not read anywhere, on the product page, that you did require to use the same account as for the B747-400X I only read this: *Note: This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR FSX ONLY REQUIRES THE PMDG 747-400X (CD or Download version) OK? Got it now?I had to ask for help here in this Forum otherwise I would still be waiting with no reply.I just wanted you to know that I am giving you ALL these explanations as I am a decent person, I made a purchase almost a month ago which I have not being able to use, is it fair to you after you have paid the money?My tone was at least "desperate" and not rude in any way, I am sure everybody else will agree with me.I am glad that Ryan understood.Take care.Frank Dicandia

Frank,I've moved the 747-8 purchase to the account that has the 400X on it. I'm sending you a forum PM right now with the account name and the reset password.
Ryan thank you so much!I was able to install it, finally, haven't tried it yet but I am sure it will work.Thanks a million again for your help and understanding.Frank Di Candia

Maybe I should relax, but I thought he was being both rude and insulting, though I am just not certain if it was deliberate. Contrary to what some may think, being a customer does not give anybody the right to treat others with anything less then respect. I suppose it is a bit like having poor table manners; as an adult, no one will ever tell you you eat like a pig, they just avoid eating with you. Someday a stranger passes a comment you don't like and it starts you thinking about what you do. If Frank was unaware of the impact of his behaviour, then maybe now he will reconsider it.
Never saw a rude remark...grow up. I assume your a grown man and as such you should not run around crying. If you were a real pilot, you would not be put up with.

Never saw a rude remark...grow up. I assume your a grown man and as such you should not run around crying. If you were a real pilot, you would not be put up with.
Ok folks, before this thread needs to be locked lets put this one to bed. Frank is happy, got the support he needed. Ryan made a great announcement that will go a long way in helping mitigate these types of issues in the future. The problem has been resolved, no need to carry it on further. :(