Sign in to follow this  
JerryG

Strange black display with FS2004

I just installed FS2004 and it worked until I changed something and now I cant see anything except the plan at the start up screen. the rest is all black and I cant see any of the options to set things up. I have unistalled and reinstalled twice and the same problem. I have a P2.4 533 fFSB 512Ram 128mag Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 SE video card and the computer is newly built with ans Albatron Motherboard. I have Anti Alsiing at 2X and I can't figure out what might be wrong any help would be great.Thanks much from a dissapointed simmer. I do have to admit I had some very pretty scenery while it worked but started taking a huge frame hit with dowload weather and I had backed off the cloud texture to 40% but it was very speratic. Any suggestions would be great. Waiting pateintly.Shayne:( :-(

Shayne,for me using antialiasing in the windows graphics setting always causes the black screen. I've tried the latest nvidia drivers from guru3d.com and with different AA settings but to no avail. So either AA off completely or activated from within CoF (which will cause a tremendous fps drop).Regards,Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Shayne -Pease read the two links at the bottom of this post -http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...27453&mode=fullSee the link for "Chris - check out his thread too !! WORKAROUND - NO AA ..., JerryG,"Hope this helps.Bottom line, don't use 2x AA for some NVidia cards. You can use 4x, 4xS, etc. but only after using the workaround steps I outlined in those posts.JerryG