Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anubis

How to restart automatically TP...

Guest Anubis

If you have problems (like me!) with TP crashing after reaching a virtual size of 4 GB, you can install the following freeware application:http://fsl.sytes.net/watchdog.htmlIt works on every OS, has a small memory footprint and can be used to monitor whether a certain process has stopped running: in this case it will restart it automatically. I have tried with TileProxy and it works fairly wellCheers,Anubis

Hi Anubis, I had similar issues, and resolved them by playing around with the cache bytes size limits values in the .ini file. ( Obviously values to suit depend entirely on your set up) cheers,Mark

Guest Anubis
Hi Anubis, I had similar issues, and resolved them by playing around with the cache bytes size limits values in the .ini file. ( Obviously values to suit depend entirely on your set up) cheers,Mark
Thanks Mark,Nope - I tried several values and it crashes after a while; I understand Loyd has similar problems on long flights, so I am not alone!Right now I am making a number of "Geographic Survey" flights testing different services and mapping area by area... Those flights take hours and I just spend a couple of minutes to make a flight plan and let it go afterwards.This is happening right now:North Coast of Corse (France) with a Zeppelin, which is ideal for that kind of work due to this slow speed and high endurance.Anubis

Guest Anubis

About TP crashing with an Out-of-Memory error message, today I have observed that it is not 100% related to flight duration, but depends on the fact that TP has to "build" not available tiles.I have been flying lately over Spain, which has a very poor coverage internally and I have seen that long flights along the coasts were okay (where LOD15 imagery is available - I am running TP at max lod 15) but a less longer flight over poorly covered areas made TP crash.There must be some memory leaks while building missing imagery as opposed to downloading from the service providers.Cheers,Paolo