Sign in to follow this  
Guest NG666

FSX Compability

Guest NG666

Hiwill the DOUGLAS R4D, DC-3, C-47 be reworked for FSX so its 100% compatible, if so, whats the timeline?RolfNorway

Hiwill the DOUGLAS R4D, DC-3, C-47 be reworked for FSX so its 100% compatible, if so, whats the timeline?RolfNorway
Hi Rolf,Nope! No rework for the R4D. We'll be starting from scratch with a new native FSX version of the package. Our original intention concerning the Douglas was to make it our first native FSX plane. But with Jan taking on a new design program and a new SDK, he wanted to learn on a less complex aircraft before jumping aboard the big Dakota. So, what do you learn on? A trainer. We chose one out of MAAM's collection - there was a whole squadron of candidates - and it is well along now. But we are not ready to take the wraps off just yet, so let the guessing games begin. :-) Jan's decision turned out to be a good one, because there have been a lot of issues and puzzles to master. In his words "I'm getting the grips on it developing my first native FSX model, but not without spending a few weeks at the funny farm because of it ( mainly caused by FSX malicious material malarkey )."After the release of this little bird, the FSX Gooney Bird will be next on the agenda. A time-line? I've learned that the only sure thing in FS airplane design is that there will always be unexpected delays. It would be foolish to try to predict an ETA on a huge project that we have not even begun, so I won't try. Having said that, I'll make a wishful W.A.G. that the starting time will be this summer. That's because we are trying very hard to have the trainer ready in time for sale at MAAM's 20th Anniversary World War II Weekend this June.Speaking of WWII Weekend and the Museum, you can now follow us on Facebook. Please become a fan and support MAAM. There is an album of MAAM-SIM screenshots to admire, many of them submitted by customers. You are welcome to post your own.I know a lot of DC-3 fans have been waiting for this one a long time, but I promise, your patience will eventually be rewarded. Hey, you're flying a 75 year old airplane! What's another year or so in the scheme of things? :-)

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest NG666

hehe, well a year is a long time for us freaks, i miss my DC-3 Alaskan Winds om floats in FSX, but a total new model sounds very nice, ill manage the wait....:)

hehe, well a year is a long time for us freaks, i miss my DC-3 Alaskan Winds om floats in FSX, but a total new model sounds very nice, ill manage the wait....:)
Have you tried the FSX upgrade and SP2 transparency fix from our Free Stuff pages? They work fine for most users, and if you already have the DC-3 package, you've nothing to lose. I certainly enjoy the XC-47 on the fantastic FSX water effects, myself. Give it a try.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Have you tried the FSX upgrade and SP2 transparency fix from our Free Stuff pages? They work fine for most users, and if you already have the DC-3 package, you've nothing to lose.
Greetings,I hear what you are saying and I understand. In fact, I do fly in FSX with all the "fixes". I'm just saddened that I have to wait longer for a MAAM FSX R4D/DC3 :( Oh well...best wishes in the endeavor!!Roy Marsh

Guest NG666

Hi, it would be extreamly nice if someone could tell me the steps to get this IFR panel to work in FSX and the DC-3 http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=78501 by Mark BeaumontIt seem to work for the most, but a few essentials ting like FSX freezes up when going to the overhead panel on marks IFR panelany tip would be nice...:-)

Hi, it would be extreamly nice if someone could tell me the steps to get this IFR panel to work in FSX and the DC-3 http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=78501 by Mark BeaumontIt seem to work for the most, but a few essentials ting like FSX freezes up when going to the overhead panel on marks IFR panelany tip would be nice...:-)
Hello,Did you also install update:File name: DCAMAAM5.ZIP??"FS2004/FS2002 Douglas DC-3 MAAM-SIM Panel Modifications - update================================================================Some pilots have reported a CTD (crash to desktop) problem with my MAAM-SIM panel modifications as uploaded in DCAMAAM4.ZIP."Also: It did not mention it will work for FSX .. I do not know the answer for this.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest NG666

yes i did install DCAMAAM5.ZIP and also 6 and 7 according to instructions...

Guest NG666
Hello,Did you also install update:File name: DCAMAAM5.ZIP??"FS2004/FS2002 Douglas DC-3 MAAM-SIM Panel Modifications - update================================================================Some pilots have reported a CTD (crash to desktop) problem with my MAAM-SIM panel modifications as uploaded in DCAMAAM4.ZIP."Also: It did not mention it will work for FSX .. I do not know the answer for this.
Does any of you guys have the dakota norway texture for the DC-3, seems it got lost in the avsim hack?

Considering the length of time before the new version emerges, it would be seen as very helpful, and stop a lot of griping, if MAAM could provide progressive steps for installing the FS9 MAAM-SIM in FSX . I'm sure the expertise is there. Whatever instruction is out there now doesn't seem to be doing it for a lot of us. I'd still be happily flying the sim in XP/FS9 if my system hadn't died. :( Regards,Jack

Considering the length of time before the new version emerges, it would be seen as very helpful, and stop a lot of griping, if MAAM could provide progressive steps for installing the FS9 MAAM-SIM in FSX . I'm sure the expertise is there. Whatever instruction is out there now doesn't seem to be doing it for a lot of us. I'd still be happily flying the sim in XP/FS9 if my system hadn't died. :(
Try this Jack,Go to http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.htmlSelect Free StuffUnder "R4D / DC-3 / C-47 FREE ENHANCEMENTS" get these 2 items:FSX BASIC COMPATIBILITY UPDATE FOR R4D/DC-3/C-47 PACKAGEFSX TRANSPARENCY FIX FOR SP2/ACCELERATIONThe compatibility update has full FSX installation instructions.CheersFred