Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

FS2k4 Loading Time

Guest Vulcho

Does FS2004 take as long as FS2002 took to load. I'm referring to intial start up with the Splash Screen and loading a flight once you hit Fly Now. I was able to make myself a sandwich while the flight was loading in FS2k2. :)

Hi, Alex. The more addons you load on the sim, the more time it will take to start. COF has no addons yet, it is quite fast in loading. I also had FS2002 taking long time, but then I had tons of addons.

Guest CargoMun

It seems to me that what takes the longest to load is amount of aircraft inside it. Since i have now copied most of my FSP and aardvark AI planes into that folder it takes about as long as open as in fs2002 - about 1 minute.. additional 30-40 seconds to go to aircraft select screen.Loading of situation after clicking fly now seems about the same to me.So in general, it would without addon planes load as fast as fs2002 did, first time little slow, second time faster since its cached :D