Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Etienne Martin Pushback Gauge with Win 7

I posted this in the Avsim Panels forum without any replies,so hoping I have better luck here.I have been using Etienne's pushback gauge version 1.3.9 in Vista x64 without any problems but recenly upgraded to Win 7 Pro x64 and now it won't load. It says can't load ATN.GAU when I try to load an aircraft with this gauge installed. I have tried emailing Etienne directly but hve recieved no replyAnyone successfully using this gauge with Windows 7 ?Glen

Glen

I posted this in the Avsim Panels forum without any replies,so hoping I have better luck here.I have been using Etienne's pushback gauge version 1.3.9 in Vista x64 without any problems but recenly upgraded to Win 7 Pro x64 and now it won't load. It says can't load ATN.GAU when I try to load an aircraft with this gauge installed. I have tried emailing Etienne directly but hve recieved no replyAnyone successfully using this gauge with Windows 7 ?Glen
I don't have it. where did you get it?Are the installed files in the correct location? Where is the ATN.GAU file located?Read through this post http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=51859 it might be your version of FSUIPC.Or re-install with UAC off.

I got it from the Avsim Library, just type Etienne Martin in the search box. Its a brilliant pushback gauge, it does the usual pushback and taxi and you can control the pushback with the rudder pedals, so no more guessing how many feet to start the turn, also has a tow function if the engines are not running, great for moving aircraft to another stand. It also controls external lights so handy to turn on Strobes when entering the runway, shows aircraft weight - just a useful bit of kit, which is why I'm peeved it doesn't work in Win 7 x64.You put the files ATN.GAU and ATN.INI in the FSX Gauge folder, and ensure you have msvcr71.dll in the windows\system32 folder - which I have, and put the gauge in the aircraft panel.cfg and thats it - NORMALLY. I have UAC off just as I did in Vista x64.I tried emailing Etienne from the address in his readme file but he did not respond ATN.GAU is the only gauge file I have found that will not work with Win 7Glen

Glen

I got it from the Avsim Library, just type Etienne Martin in the search box. Its a brilliant pushback gauge, it does the usual pushback and taxi and you can control the pushback with the rudder pedals, so no more guessing how many feet to start the turn, also has a tow function if the engines are not running, great for moving aircraft to another stand. It also controls external lights so handy to turn on Strobes when entering the runway, shows aircraft weight - just a useful bit of kit, which is why I'm peeved it doesn't work in Win 7 x64.You put the files ATN.GAU and ATN.INI in the FSX Gauge folder, and ensure you have msvcr71.dll in the windows\system32 folder - which I have, and put the gauge in the aircraft panel.cfg and thats it - NORMALLY. I have UAC off just as I did in Vista x64.I tried emailing Etienne from the address in his readme file but he did not respond ATN.GAU is the only gauge file I have found that will not work with Win 7Glen
Try changing the Properties Compatibility setting on the files to Vista or WXP.

HiI am using ATN.gau ver 1.3.9 in Windows 7 x64 without any problems. I just copied everything over from my Vista x64 installation into Windows 7 and it worked OK.Hope you find a solutionRegardsPhil

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

UlissesSorry my mistake, I meant FS2004PhilThanks for the info, that confirms it does work within Win 7 x64 !!Glen

Glen

This ATN.GAU still refuses to load. Looking in the readme files it says it requires the C++ runtime library MSVCR71.DLL and Microsofts GDI+ libraries that are incorporated in XP. I have the MSVCR71.DLL in the correct place, does anyone know if Windows 7 Pro has the GDI+ libraries or is this a separate download.Glen

Glen

Guest Furzkanone

The Thread is quite old, but I just got the problem myself.The MSVCR71.DLL comes with version 1.3.6 so download that one and copy the dll into the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 instead of C:\Windows\System32. Install the gauge from cersion 1.3.9 as usual, restart the computer, start up FS9 and it should work fine.

Hi,Just my five cents after getting in trouble again because of this:The file msvcr71.dll was already in my System32 folder. I have copied it to the SysWOW64 folder too. Only with this, it did not work. I had to download the 1.1 version of ATN Gauge and use that "old" version of the msvcr71.dll (dated year 2003) to make the ATN Gauge ver 1.3.9 run correctly. Now everything is alrightBest regards,Lluís

Lluís del Cerro
VATSIM Senior Instructor

Catalonian Airlines

vatsim_5000h.png