Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Dear Aerosoft

Dear Aerosoft,I hope this letter finds you and finds you well. I have just downloaded and installed your version of EHAM and it is marvelous. High frame rates, beautiful graphics, and tons of animation to boot. Not only do we get a fantastic version of the airport but we're also getting close to losing the copy protection scheme that was forced with Cloud9 and other products. So it's win - win for many of us that don't want bglman.dll on our systems and also receive a great version of EHAM as well.That being said, I have a request that you might want to give some consideration to. For the longest time the only decent version of KLAX that we've had has been Cloud9's version. Unfortunately, the frame rates at the airport are deplorable even though the airport is completely accurate and very artistic. It's such a shame to have one of the worlds busiest airports be a question mark as to weather to land there or not because you don't want to watch the taxiway lines stutter and the sky pop when you do.So what I'm hoping for is that you might consider re-creating KLAX for the FS9 community. If EHAM is a success and you recoup the money that you paid out to make it, (and also hopefully a substantial profit), then I'm pretty sure you would do as well or possibly better with a state side airport with the history and air traffic like KLAX. Now I don't speak for the FS9 community, but I'll bet they would want it, be grateful, and go out and buy it. It's just a thought and a hope. Regardless thanks for all of your wonderful work over the years.Mark

Hi,My guess is that you might get better response (from Aerosoft) if you post your message here:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?act=idx

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Maybe...maybe both? I think that in order to garner support for something they have to see it in other places besides their forum. Makes it a bit more real to know that there are others out there :)Mark

That being said, I have a request that you might want to give some consideration to. For the longest time the only decent version of KLAX that we've had has been Cloud9's version. Unfortunately, the frame rates at the airport are deplorable even though the airport is completely accurate and very artistic. Mark
With respect, I get pretty good performance at C9's LAX in "real" weather and with 100% AI. My frames are mostly in upper 20s over there.That aside, an updated version would be very welcome.

With respect, I get pretty good performance at C9's LAX in "real" weather and with 100% AI. My frames are mostly in upper 20s over there.That aside, an updated version would be very welcome.
+1 A new version wouldn't hurt.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Is there now a problem with all the Cloud9 sceneries if one has to reinstall and/or a config get's corrupted requiring a recheck of the purchase key?
Nevermind, FSDT has taken over support and install issue should something arise. Speaking of Cloud9's KLAX I've found nothing but great performance with it since it was released (even on my old machine before my current one). A remake of KLAX is not needed as far as I can tell especially when airports like KSLC, PANC, KMSP, and KMIA would be better served with an update in FS9.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

William Morgan (FRF or Frame Rate Friendly Studios) did a freeware KMSPv2 which added runway 17/35 and a special ILS and approach file for it created by Jim Vile. The approach file is a seperate AFD property that can't be added with AFCAD.I think payware company Blueprint Simulations did one but I'm not sure if that added an approach file. The approach file is used by AI in IMC conditions. An ILS aded in AFCAD will not be seen by AI but just the user aircraft. Without the approach file it will not show up in the default FS GPS map so you can check 17/35 in that.

Nevermind, FSDT has taken over support and install issue should something arise. Speaking of Cloud9's KLAX I've found nothing but great performance with it since it was released (even on my old machine before my current one). A remake of KLAX is not needed as far as I can tell especially when airports like KSLC, PANC, KMSP, and KMIA would be better served with an update in FS9.

+ 1 on a new version of KLAX.The Cloud 9 looks nice, but performs like a pig. I would buy a new version from Aerosoft in a heartbeat. I think sales would be good as well, as it is a major airport. I just picked up Mega Amsterdam myself (will be trying it out once I get home), and if the hype is right, I'm going to be doing more business with Aerosoft.- daniel(Blueprint should also take a long look at this airport - it seems to fit their criteria)

I've never had performance issues with the Cloud9 LAX scenery. I also like it very muchBut it is getting older with each year and will probably never get AES support (though handled by FSDT now).So I would purchase any quality new version.However, a significant problem is Aerosoft DOES NOT produce US airports.So this request could rather be directed at FSDT or FlyTampa (both making top quality sceneries).I would not advise, though, launching a request post at FT forums. Unless you're a tough guy, resistant to the angry herd of FT forum 'supporters' who love to kick asses.

Guest deltaflight

Personally, I'd like to see Aerosoft do all the major airports in the United States. For the past 8 years, I've failed to understand why all the MSFS airports here in the States (FlyTampa, FSDT, Cloud9 etc etc) lack the detail the airports in other parts of the world exhibit. For years the German teams have been developing top notch airports that far exceed anything we have here in the States. To me its about airport immersion and of course frame rates. I've have countless sceneries from the UK, Germany, and elsewhere that are awesome. Most all have airport traffic as well as road traffic outside the airport. And I'm not talking about little flashes of light speeding all around the roads at hyper speeds - but actual cars and trucks. Want an example? Get Mega Frankurt and place yourself at a gate. Let AES do its thing with the jetway and watch the airport come to life. It becomes a busy place just like real airports. Even neater? Wait till pushback and watch all the airport traffic in your area (buses, tugs) stop as you pushback through the crossing lanes. As you continue and clear the lanes, the traffic then resumes as in real life. And of course doing all this without the game becoming a slide show like some of our airports here do with just a few tugs running around the corners and sometime into buildings. ;)There is only (2) airports we have here in the states that I honestly can say come close to the Aerosoft & German offerings and that is Portland and Rhode Island designed by Flightscenery I believe. Truly amazing renditions of these airports.And I do agree with the other gentlemen here. No one has tackled a payware version of some other busy airports such as Salt Lake City.Ok, I'll quit my crabbing. Just my 2 cents...........Mitch

Personally, I'd like to see Aerosoft do all the major airports in the United States. For the past 8 years, I've failed to understand why all the MSFS airports here in the States (FlyTampa, FSDT, Cloud9 etc etc) lack the detail the airports in other parts of the world exhibit. For years the German teams have been developing top notch airports that far exceed anything we have here in the States. To me its about airport immersion and of course frame rates. I've have countless sceneries from the UK, Germany, and elsewhere that are awesome. Most all have airport traffic as well as road traffic outside the airport. And I'm not talking about little flashes of light speeding all around the roads at hyper speeds - but actual cars and trucks. Want an example? Get Mega Frankurt and place yourself at a gate. Let AES do its thing with the jetway and watch the airport come to life. It becomes a busy place just like real airports. Even neater? Wait till pushback and watch all the airport traffic in your area (buses, tugs) stop as you pushback through the crossing lanes. As you continue and clear the lanes, the traffic then resumes as in real life. And of course doing all this without the game becoming a slide show like some of our airports here do with just a few tugs running around the corners and sometime into buildings. ;)There is only (2) airports we have here in the states that I honestly can say come close to the Aerosoft & German offerings and that is Portland and Rhode Island designed by Flightscenery I believe. Truly amazing renditions of these airports.And I do agree with the other gentlemen here. No one has tackled a payware version of some other busy airports such as Salt Lake City.Ok, I'll quit my crabbing. Just my 2 cents...........Mitch
Hi, in addition to Gary Widups KSLC (available here), I believe there is one in development according to a thread on FS Developer. It looks like payware quality on the screenshots that I have seen in the thread. It has been a work in progress for quite some time though but looks very good. Hopefully it will be released at some point.

First impressions on my new Amsterdam purchase...... it's not bad.FPS in the high 20s. I had hoped for more, but... what are you going to do?I had to remove the trees and a few other things to get those FPS, as well. All of the AES lite stuff, too. Looking at the texture files it seems that they might be able to optimize some them a little (some huge texture files). The sim pauses for 10 to 15 seconds when I go to the menu bar.I guess my Quad Q6600 and nVidia 9800 GX2 are just not up to the task anymore...- daniel

Aerosoft is a European company, so I can't really blame them if they stick with European airports. Besides, there are still many European airports out there that many Europeans want to see. Denmark's Copenhagen Kastrup is one of those, for example, but there are others as well.I think the job is mostly up to companies like FlyTampa and FSDT and Imaginesim to supply you with the American airports. For all I know, these are all American companies. I don't mean to say that a company should not go "past its borders", but in the end, many of the Aerosoft developers are Europeans, and I can well imagine them wanting to do European sceneries first.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Speaking of european airports i wonder if Aerosoft will ever make make some Greek/Cypriot airports i.e Athens, and the greek islands and Larnaka, Paphos. I know they do Kos but i think they should cover them all. It is coming up to summertime!Chris

Chris Howard