Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

I just noticed something...

I'm playing around with FSX and trying out some new Aussie scenery I just got. While cruising around in the new 747-800i I switched to Spot view and happen to zoom in on the cockpit. ...I just noticed that they pilots are not just looking ahead or even just moving their heads to the yoke...They are moving independently! The co-pilot is checking things out, reaching for the overhead panel, and talking with the captain! Wow! Same with the captain. I'm just amazed. I just now noticed this. It's so cool, lol :( Is this a PMDG thing or is this normal in FSX planes? (I'm typing this as I'm still flying, so I haven't tried other aircraft yet.)Derek R.

Guest KenCarter

This sounded nuts. I had to see for myself and sure enough, there they are doing their own thing! Neat!

I modified my pilot texture file long ago, so I have a chance to see myself in there, with my cig hanging from my mouth :(I just wish I knew programming in a way to where I could add the flicking of the cigarette ash as part of my pilots animations :( Edit: I did this for the MD-11, not the 747.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I modified my pilot texture file long ago, so I have a chance to see myself in there, with my cig hanging from my mouth :(I just wish I knew programming in a way to where I could add the flicking of the cigarette ash as part of my pilots animations :( Edit: I did this for the MD-11, not the 747.
isn't smoking prohibited in the airplane? :(

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I have a memory of jumpseating on a Gulf Air A340 back from Bahrain many years ago, it was not long after the complete ban on smoking. The Captain managed to get through half my pack and the crazy thing was the First and business class hostesses where using the flightdeck as a smoking room on there breaks!

Rob Prest

isn't smoking prohibited in the airplane? :(
Not in mine :(, I even leave my no smoking lights off, as to not be hypocritical :)True story, Years ago back in the military we often would fly commercial airlines on deployments. We were going to Puerto Rico for operation Ocean Venture (just a joint training mission) and I believe it was November, 1992 or 1993... The whole aircraft in these situations were military except of course the crew. We deployed everywhere, and were in the field some 10 months out of the year. I was very fit back then but smoked about a pack a day (ok, so conditioned is probably the better term) so long flights without a cigarette didn't happen for me and I would bend down near the toilette and keep flushing it while I snuck a couple drags every 2 or three hours. Well, that day on this particular flight I had done as I always did but the stewardess smelled my cigarette smoke and followed me back to my seat. She asked if I just smoked in the lavatory and I replied with a grin, "yes, I did, but no one here minds, and most smoke as well". She left then came back a couple minutes later with a $5,000.00 fine type piece of paper she wanted me to sign? WOW, was I nervous, mainly because my CO and 1st SGT were sitting a couple rows behind me and knew they were seeing this all unfold.In a low and nervous (almost panicked) voice, I proceeded to explain to her that if she did this I would be court martialed FOR SURE! Luckily she didn't pursue it anymore, and to make good of my promise I never did it again since ;-)The funny thing is, I would never do it on a civilian flight, but here we all are on our deployments with our M16-A2 rifles under our seats flying AA, half the gear in my stowed bag wouldn't make it past the lightest of security back then, yet I can't smoke? Well, that was my mind set back then and as I said, I don't do it anymore :(It was sad, because just a year or two before I was able to smoke. Both going to and coming back from Germany in 1990-1992, and we also got insanely drunk on these flights as well haha. There was never a limit to how much they could serve and I think I personally drank every nip of Jack Daniels on the 747-400 ;-)
I have a memory of jumpseating on a Gulf Air A340 back from Bahrain many years ago, it was not long after the complete ban on smoking. The Captain managed to get through half my pack and the crazy thing was the First and business class hostesses where using the flightdeck as a smoking room on there breaks!
Ahhh, the good ole days :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest SK8TRBOI747
That, my friend, is awesome! Like your style.Cheers!