Sign in to follow this  
Guest kidaamnesiac

Next plane?

Guest kidaamnesiac

Hi all,So soon I have the wife and daughter going on a trip and I have a week off work. A flight simmers dream.So I want to purchase a new aircraft to get to grips with during that week but I am not sure which one to go for. Perhaps you could help me out and tell me why you prefer one of these on my list:Level D 767PMDG MD-11Fly the MaddogDigital Aviation Fokker 70/100Captain Sim C-130 X-PerienceI've heard great things about all of them. I like complex and realistic aircraft (I have (of my non GA add-ons) the PMDG 747, Flight1 ATR 72-500).Thanks for any help.Andrew James

If you like complex and realistic aircraft, the MD-11 would fit the bill perfectly. It is an excellent aircraft.It is a good learning experience too as its systems are more modern than those of the 747.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Take a close look at the Captain Sim C-130 X-perience. It has just the right mix of being a multi-engine, fly long / fly short; fly high / fly contour; land just about anywhere and even STOL. Great VC and flight characteristics and a good level of challenge to master. It is my favourite.

Level-D 767 without a doubt.It also has the best support forums too. All you have to do is register after you have purchased the aircraft.

I mean come on. Everyone here knows that the PMDG MD-11 is the best aircraft to go with :( . Hey...that's 2 suggestions for MD-11!!! :(

Fly The Maddog,Then get FS2Crew with voice recognition.You can tell people what to do and they do it.Ken

Your choices are good I own 4 of the 5 you have listed. Below is what I would pick and reasoning.Level D 767 Great Aircraft a real benchmark sim but it's getting long in the tooth and the LevelD 757 will soon be out and most likely "retire" this aircraft from a lot of systems.PMDG MD-11 This would be my choice of your options listed. Great system depth, good frame rates and support, modern graphics. It's strong across the board.Fly the Maddog Arguably the most complex aircraft for MSFS very deep system wise. With such depth comes a price and this bird can be tough on framerates. Yet if you have the horsepower and like depth this might be your bird? Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 (the one I don't own but I will say Flight One's wrapper is (IMO) the best in the business)Captain Sim C-130 X-Perience A nice Aircraft graphics are excellent but felt burned by "The Captain" when some advertised systems did not work properly and their support forum was either arrogant, rude, or absent altogether and in many cases all of the above. I have never purchased another product from them even on their frequent $10 sales as a mater of principle.In closing, you stated that you have the ATR 72-500 (I have it too). If you like it then you should also consider the PMDG J41 you can read many posts as well as a full review of it here on Avsim. It's the aircraft that "retired" my ATR. It would be an excellent choice as well.Good Luck! Enjoy your simvacation when it comes.

RE Thomason Jr.

Captain Sim products are so ridden with problems I wouldn't buy anything else they have to offer. I already bought the 727 and the 767 for FSX. They are both appauling. Nothing but visual splendor. They know about the issues and do nothing about fixing the big ones.I'd go with the PMDG 747-400 or the Jetstream 4100. Both are top of the line sims.The Level D 767 is visually lacking. Not the most detailed and the overhead is modeled in 2D. Other than that it's a great ariplane to fly.The PMDG MD-11 can't be bad but it is a predecessor to the 747.

The PMDG MD-11 can't be bad but it is a predecessor to the 747.
What do you mean? :( It is both a newer addon and newer aircraft in real life. I think it is considerably better than their 747. FPS are also quite a bit better than the 747.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest kidaamnesiac

Thanks for all the advice so far. You've narrowed it down for me to the 767, MD11 or Maddog. Whichever I get, it'll be with FS2Crew.The maddog sounds complicated, so what are the manuals and tutorials like?I have to say I am leaning towards the MD11 at the moment.

If you ask me, I'd chose the MD-11. I have all the birds that you list except of Captain Sim's (and yes, I'm one of those who won't buy from them anymore, I'm "satisfied" with their 757), and all of them (I don't speak for the CS 130) are top notch and the best what you can get for your money. But the plane I always end up is the MD-11 which is a real challenge to learn and master, even if you're an "experienced" Boeing armchair pilot.Andreas

What do you mean? :( It is both a newer addon and newer aircraft in real life. I think it is considerably better than their 747. FPS are also quite a bit better than the 747.
I meant the 747 is a newer aircraft in the PMDG line. The FPS are better with the MD-11 becasue of the lower demand on the processor. It's no trick to design an aircraft with higher FPS. Just make it less demanding on the processor. You can't go wrong with anything by PMDG.

Guest kidaamnesiac
I meant the 747 is a newer aircraft in the PMDG line. The FPS are better with the MD-11 becasue of the lower demand on the processor. It's no trick to design an aircraft with higher FPS. Just make it less demanding on the processor. You can't go wrong with anything by PMDG.
Forgive me, but I still don't understand. The 747 came out way before the MD11 by PMDG. And if you mean the 747 was created after the MD11, I'm not so sure that's the case (but I may be wrong).It's such a hard choice! Its definitely between the Maddog and MD11 now. Maybe I can convince the misses to get me both :-P

PMDG MD11 PMDG 747-800 (the expansion pack which gives goof fps boast over the 747-400)LDS 767in that order

Matthew S