Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Real World EHAM procedures...

So with the new AS EHAM just released I was hoping someone can give me a general idea of the runways used. For example, 36L and 18R ALL the way out there by itself, is that for landings only? Both? Are any runways 4,22 not used at all? Are all other runways used for takeoff and landing?Just trying to get PFE set up correctly before I head out from KEWR ;) Thanks in advance,Going to post in the AS forum real quick as well.-PEdit...To that point, anyone know where CO would park so PFE can reserve that spot for me? Thank You!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes I would like to know a bit more about EHAM runway opsFor those who would like to know about Manchester EGCC runway ops.Dependent obviously on wind direction......23Right used for all landings (if that way in use) and 23Left usedfor departures from 06.00 to 10.00 Mon-Sat and 16.00 to 20.00Mon-Fri and Sunday If on 05 Ops then the other way around, 05Left for all departures and05Right for landings from 06.00 to 10.00 Mon-Sat and 16.00 to 20.00 Mon-Fri and Sunday

Yes I would like to know a bit more about EHAM runway opsFor those who would like to know about Manchester EGCC runway ops.Dependent obviously on wind direction......23Right used for all landings (if that way in use) and 23Left usedfor departures from 06.00 to 10.00 Mon-Sat and 16.00 to 20.00Mon-Fri and Sunday If on 05 Ops then the other way around, 05Left for all departures and05Right for landings from 06.00 to 10.00 Mon-Sat and 16.00 to 20.00 Mon-Fri and Sunday
Thanks Ed!One of the Aerosoft Forum users 737Freak just posted this for us over there... Very nice of him!Rwy 4/22 is for GA onlyRwy 18R/36L: take offs to the north, landings to the southRwy 6/24: take offs to the south west, landing to the norh eastRwy 9/27: take offs to the east, landing to the westRwy 18L/36R: take offs to the south, landings to the northRwy 18C/36C: both sides can be uses for take off and landing (but to the north is more likely to happen in real life)Most common runway use is:- wind from the north:Take off on the 36L, landing on the 06- wind from the south:Take off on the 24, landings on the 18RThis is a good site for the actual runway use:http://www.luchtverk...ce=baan_actueel(yes it's dutch, but the map on that site would be enough Now if I could just find out where CO parks LOL... (Nevermind, Terminal 3)See you in the skies of Europe ;) should be leaving KEWR in the LVL-D in about an hour :)-PaulSo if you use PFE like me, set your controllers up like this:T=Takeoff L=Landing B=Both18R L36L T6 L24 T9 T 27 L18L T36R L18C B36C B

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

So if you use PFE like me, set your controllers up like this:T=Takeoff L=Landing B=Both18R L36L T6 L24 T9 T 27 L18L T36R L18C B36C B
How do you do that?Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

How do you do that?Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
If you have PFE You go into:Sid/Stars (Bottom of main screen)Type EHAM and hit Enter (You must hit enter)This will bring up a list of all runwaysNow you can enter Sid/Star names for each departure and approach and tell PFE what to use each runway for. Now just enter what is in the post above for T, L, or B and you will only be told to use those runways for what you assigned....Then if you go to Designated Parking Control you can follow the same procedures and select what gate you want PFE to always direct you to after landing.But you do need PFE....http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pfe.htmCheers,Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Can someone explain this more "english"...I mean, i unederstand you, but i hate Cloud 9 just because of that "problem", ATC tell's me to to land on some runways that don't even exist. Is that OK with AS EHAM?

Here's my links for EHAM movements.http://www.luchtverkeersleiding.nl/framese...ce=baan_actueelhttp://casper.frontier.nl/I also have a site bookmarked for aircraft parking positions. I'll see if I can find it for you.
LOL, I am on both those sites right now as I plan my flight...Great sites... This one covers EHAM as well:http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Alright I show COA70 arriving Gate G06 in EHAM
Thanks Clarke!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest SebGevers

"Rwy 4/22 is for GA only"I live close to EHAM, used to drive past it every day on the way to/from work, and I've seen plenty of 737's and Fokker 100's landing on 22. So 4/22 is *generally* for GA only. For anyone interested in EHAM ops --> http://casper.frontier.nl/

Can someone explain this more "english"...I mean, i unederstand you, but i hate Cloud 9 just because of that "problem", ATC tell's me to to land on some runways that don't even exist. Is that OK with AS EHAM?
That "problem" would be a faulty Afcad. Just open up the Afcad and move the fake runways outside the active AI zone (108NM give or take). Or download better Afcads...This issue may or may not exist with this new scenery, either way, it can be fixed.Do not rely on scenery developers to provide quality Afcads. They may make fine sceneries, they generally suck in the Afcad department.

Mike...

Thanks for that i'we allready bought Aerosoft's EHAM, and after all those years i finally heard ATC talking 18R, 27, 36, 18C...an so on. :(