Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

Difference between the two MS FS 2004 versions?

Guest Cougar_DK

Hi I just checked my local game dealer and he lists two versions of MS 2004.What is the difference between the two versions 1) MS Flightsim 2004 and 2) MS Flightsim 2004 anniversary edition?CheersMark

Hi there.One comes in a Special Edition tin case and the other comes in a DVD style case. There is no difference with the software itself. Just the type of packaging it comes in.Hope that helps.

Mark,Without further information what you refer to as two different versions it's hard to answer. As far as I know there is only one version of MSFS 2004. This is different to the previous two releases where there was a professional and a normal version.It might be that your retailer is listing the US version (maybe an import from the US) and a localized version (if MS is localizing).As far as I know (somebody correct me if I am wrong) the software should be identical but there could be differences with the packaging (vouchers etc).Hope that helpsHappy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

There is indeed only one version of the software (regional language editions excluded but those should be identical except the language of spoken and written texts).There ARE regional differences in packaging as you say, as well as the "aniversary" or "limited" edition which is packed in a metal case instead of plastic.This one is sold only in the US and AFAIK distributed to stores for the same price as the regular version (and often resold by those stores for a higher price as the regular version).

Guest Cougar_DK

Thanx for the replys. I can not find any indication about a "prof." and a "non-prof." version either. But the price difference between the two versions is about DKK 200,- (about $31). So there is no way I'm going to pay for a "metal" box version for DKK 800,- ($124), when the "dvd case" version is sold for DKK 600,- ($92).CheersMarkDenmark

Hi!I would neither pay 124$ nor 92$. Try ordering it via Avsim Shop or any other online shop for something between 55$ and 65$ instead.Are they really taking that much money in Denmark?Toby

I also live in Denmark, and i can tell you it would not be a good idea to import a game from USA, costumes + taxes = forget it.OHN

It seems Denmark country is too much expensive....my brother was there this year and he saw everything higher (prices) even when comparing with another european countries.

It is expensive to live in Denmark, if you like cars it gets even more expensive, a 30000$ car in the US would cost you 90000$ here, man that sucks, i have to drive a skoda,paid almost 35000$ for it so i have to love it :D OHN

I have ordered mine from AVSIM, but I didn't think about custom taxes... that might put the price to European level...You may by yours from Amazon UK (www.amazon.co.uk). It costs there 12 EUR more than in US, but you will get a lower delivery cost and no taxes.

Expect to pay full salestax (what is it in Denmark, something like 20% I think?) over the product + shipping + + customs fees (in other words the tax goes over everything, not just the core product price!).I once got some PDA accessoiries from the US (stuff not even available here...) costing $45 including shipping. I ended up paying another

Guest CargoMun

How about mail ordering it from that online store in sweden surely that would be cheaper then from Avsim or US or anywhere else. I forgot the name and URL tho :(

Guest lmoelleb

>How about mail ordering it from that online store in sweden>surely that would be cheaper then from Avsim or US or anywhere>else. I forgot the name and URL tho :(Hmm, you just recommended one of the few European countries generally known to be as expensive as Denmark. :)The 25% Danish VAT can be avoided by ordering from an online retailer in another EU country, provided that the retailer is not selling over a certain amount to Danish customers a year. Are they over the limit, they will have to collect Danish VAT. Nope, I do not remember what the limit is, but a wild guess would be that amazon.co.uk is above.But of course, shipment will take time, so what's money anyway? :)/Lars