Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

182RG Engine help

Everything looks okay the propeler turns around couple of times but that's about it, I need to swap Airplane Start the Engine and then go beck the RG and then it's okay. Any idea what's wrong ????Tnx in advanceYairIrvine CA

Same problem here...Follow the checklist to the letter...never starts...The 182Q is fine...Am I missing something??Dave

Guest BeaverDriver
Same problem here...Follow the checklist to the letter...never starts...The 182Q is fine...Am I missing something??Dave
Is your fuel lever set to ON/BOTH/L or R? That's an often overlooked item. It has to be on one of the tanks, and not in the OFF position. Then make sure your mixture is full rich. If you did all that, if it just won't work any other way, go into your aircraft.cfg file and look for an entry that says "starter_torque" or something like that (back up your aircraft.cfg file first!!!!). Turn that value up until you get the thing to start. You may have to double or triple that value. Don't go higher than you have to. Give that a try. If it doesn't work, restore your original aircraft.cfg file, but this should work ok for you.