Sign in to follow this  
Guest marxy

Suggest me an Aircraft

Guest marxy

Hey Everyone :)After finally sorting out my video card issues and upgrading to FSX I am looking for a speedy touring aircraft.I currently get about 40-60 fps with scenery on high with AA switched on with the default aircraft at a normal airport (stuff like LAX slows to 15-20 in the VC) and gets up to over 100fps over water (flying with water on max 2 and high)I enjoy to fly short legs through stunning scenery and so like to fly in the Caribbean and Switzerland.Can you guys please through out suggestions for a suitably fast touring aircraft for trips in these areas? I find the default C182 to be underpowered for operations in Switzerland, and I do not enjoy flying taildraggers so the Maule is out.Any payware will interest me :)Thanks!

Hey Everyone :)Can you guys please through out suggestions for a suitably fast touring aircraft for trips in these areas? I find the default C182 to be underpowered for operations in Switzerland, and I do not enjoy flying taildraggers so the Maule is out.Any payware will interest me :)Thanks!
RealAir Duke or Marchetti, and Carenado Seneca or Mooney.Of these, the Marchetti seems like the most obvious choice... great visibility with bubble canopy,excellent flight model etc.If you like twins, both the Duke and Seneca are first rate.www.realairsimulations.comwww.carenado.com

Bert

RealAir Duke... great IFR tourer... visibility is somewhat limited for VFR so maybe go with the Marchetti or the Lotus L39http://lotussim.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest dswo

These are all excellent recommendations. The RealAir Marchetti is fantastic for IFR and VFR touring. If you want a jet, the Lotus L-39 has big windows and high framerates.

Other suggestions from me: the Pilatus PC12 and the Lionheart Kodiak. Also the Aerosoft Twin Otter and Beaver (not very speedy, though).

The SSTSIM concorde will be cool for flying at Mach 2 @ 3000ft AGL through the Swiss Alps - will beat the Lotus :(

The SSTSIM concorde will be cool for flying at Mach 2 @ 3000ft AGL through the Swiss Alps - will beat the Lotus :(
... and if you want to beat the Lotus there's always this one:-http://www.captainsim.com/products/s001/ :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest marxy

Thanks for those suggestions everyone.I went for the SIAI sf260 and am very happy with this aircraft! Solid performance and a pretty good IFR setup too. A really nice package all round :)

Thanks for those suggestions everyone.I went for the SIAI sf260 and am very happy with this aircraft! Solid performance and a pretty good IFR setup too. A really nice package all round :)
I suggest you checkout the Epic LT Dynasty by LionHeart. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago, but really like it. It is a great model of a real plane. It is a single engine turbo-prop and really flys well.Danny

Danny