Sign in to follow this  
Majick

Teething troubles!

Hello All,I've installed VOXATC now, and now have some questions...First, the plane I prefer to fly is the Carenado PA28 Arrow. But the VOXATC Panel setup does not present this as an option. What is it that determines whether a plane can be used with VOXATC. I did notice this aircraft already has many instrument view options. Could it just be that it has run out of slots?Second, as a VFR flyer who uses photographic scenery I do like to use spot view a lot. However, it seems I must be in instrument view for the panel to work. If the panel won't display does that mean that VOXATC will not be working either in that view? And is there a way I can get the panel up in that view? Third, and apologies for possibly being too lazy to have found it in the manual yet... Is there a key command to get the panel up rather than having to mess around with the menus?Fourth, on my first VFR flight I was told to climb away from the airfield. Then the ATC seemed to forget about me altogether. Is it normal for there to be a long gap before getting further instructions having climbed away on a VFR flight? If not, what phrase should I use to prompt for more instructions or a handoff?Hoping you can help! By the way, despite these issues I was suprised at how effective this product was on my first flight and was relieved to find that it recognised my speech well from the outset.RegardsJon

Hi again,A bit more information on my problem with the Carenado PA28... I checked the panel.cfg file and saw that the VOXATC windows had been installed as windows 100 and 101. I manually changed them to 002 and 003 in the two places in the file where they are referenced. Then I re-indexed. But still no sign of the options in game through the instrument panel.....RegardsJon

Hi again,A bit more information on my problem with the Carenado PA28... I checked the panel.cfg file and saw that the VOXATC windows had been installed as windows 100 and 101. I manually changed them to 002 and 003 in the two places in the file where they are referenced. Then I re-indexed. But still no sign of the options in game through the instrument panel.....RegardsJon
Maybe someone could talk me through the procedure for 'manually setting up panels'? I'm pretty sure I've done everything I need to do but still no luck getting the panel to show on the Carenado PA28. Looks like I will have the same problem with the Flight 1 C172.

Hmmm ok. I've managed to get the PA28 working yay!I'd still appreciate some help on the other points (spot view, key press for panael, and handoff on VFR flights)RegardsJon

:( By experimenting I've managed to answer all my own questions.My only observation so far is that sometimes it is infuriating trying to prompt the program to move to the next step, and it appears to get easily confused if things don't go exactly as it wants - e.g. it told me to change frequency, I changed frequency and it just sat there doing nothing. I've no idea what I'd done wrong but it might possbily have been crossing the red lights before changing frequency to tower...Still, great fun and the voice recognition works beter than I'd dared to hope.