Sign in to follow this  
usmc3073

major problems with VOXATC

I purchased VoXATC for FSX and I have two big problems. one is the taxi guidance system does not work at all. I have ran the indexer multiple times I use addons and I am not sure if these are known to cause problems or not I use trafficX, UTX, GEX, FS GENESIS, Zinertek airport textures. A2A 3d redux lighting. no matter what I do the taxi guidance system will not work if I hit 0 and choose the option for "show/hide taxi" it simply hangs up with "please wait"next problem and its a major one is that although it recognizes my SID and tells me to fly it no matter what stage of flight I am in it will not hand me off to other controllers for example last night I was on my way to EDDF I was halfway across the ocean and I was still tuned to a tower in canada. I got no instructions to change frequency and it just says "fly flight plan" the only way to get it to update is to disable voxatc and the re enable voxatc. It will pick up the correct tower but then as I progress it will not hand off to other towers. This is beyond frustrating and I am not happy with this product at all...It just plain does not work. A major ripoff in my opinion.I tried to email their "support" and I got no response. The only response I got from these crooks is when they took my payment. I know they don't maintain an official forum this should have been my first clue to how bad this product sucked. The only thing these criminals maintain is a bank account to stick your money into. live and learn I guess. I hope the makers of this addon choke and die on their next meals. That is all.

I purchased VoXATC for FSX and I have two big problems. one is the taxi guidance system does not work at all. I have ran the indexer multiple times I use addons and I am not sure if these are known to cause problems or not I use trafficX, UTX, GEX, FS GENESIS, Zinertek airport textures. A2A 3d redux lighting. no matter what I do the taxi guidance system will not work if I hit 0 and choose the option for "show/hide taxi" it simply hangs up with "please wait"next problem and its a major one is that although it recognizes my SID and tells me to fly it no matter what stage of flight I am in it will not hand me off to other controllers for example last night I was on my way to EDDF I was halfway across the ocean and I was still tuned to a tower in canada. I got no instructions to change frequency and it just says "fly flight plan" the only way to get it to update is to disable voxatc and the re enable voxatc. It will pick up the correct tower but then as I progress it will not hand off to other towers. This is beyond frustrating and I am not happy with this product at all...It just plain does not work. A major ripoff in my opinion.I tried to email their "support" and I got no response. The only response I got from these crooks is when they took my payment. I know they don't maintain an official forum this should have been my first clue to how bad this product sucked. The only thing these criminals maintain is a bank account to stick your money into. live and learn I guess. I hope the makers of this addon choke and die on their next meals. That is all.
The taxi guidance system is not always perfect, but I have found that its almost always caused by the airport addon itself. Have you tried the taxi system on a standard airport? I can see you are using My Traffic X, its a good idea to move or delete any afcad files found in the My Traffic scenery folder.You should also check that your airport addons do not have a separate traffic file themselves as this can cause trouble.As to the handoff, VoxATC support has a tool that can be used to analyse your flight. Have patience and they will get back to you.What aircraft are you using for flights like this?

Guest 125fl10

I couldn't agree more with you. I am also waiting for a reply from VoxATC. I am having similar problems.I know how angry you feel. I have only sent two emails to them already and only around in two to three days.VoxATC doesn't seem to be made properly, to be compatible with Flight Simulator.These people do need to pull their fingers out. It is in a ridiculous mess and my view is, it is another program working, but not with the other. If they distribute this software the least they can do is make it accurate enough to time in properly with our flights. Why should we disable it and then enable? It is annoying.

Ahhh, i'm pleased i found this place.I'm having the same problems as the OP. Namely "no matter what stage of flight I am in it will not hand me off to other controllers" I'm only allowed a regular frequency change when i'm within a few miles of my destination. Although, i can call for an airspace transition if i'm flying over an airport en-route ("0" option list), but when i've cleared that airspace, i'm then stuck at that frequency. Until i venture into another airports airspace (quite easy in the UK, but, that's not really the point). I must point out, this only happens in VFR flight's. IFR flights are fine. There is an option to request a frequency change from ATC as described in the help manual, but, ATC either ask's you to repeat last message over and over again, or simply ignores you !. Another thing i've noticed is, in regular communication with ATC, if you mess up and they ask you to repeat the message, usually they'll accept the second message no matter what you say. Try it, say anything you want, anything, and the text will turn blue, and they'll accept it !. Personally i love what VOXATC are trying to do with this programme, but, i do have my doubts as to how well this thing works. Although i don't necessarily agree with the vitriolic sentiments of the OP. If anyone has found a solution to the problems listed in this thread, then please do tell. I so much want this thing to work properly, but as has been said above, these bugs makes it so chuffing frustrating, it's actually spoiling the enjoyment of my flight-simming. Incidentaly, i'm using the latest build of VOXATC 5.-whateveritis- if that makes any difference ?

Mazz4200,Have you tried if this works with the VoxATC tutorial VFR flight (Kansas City to Eppley)?

Now this is interesting.For various reasons i never fly the stock Cessna 172, or in any country other than the UK. But, i've just tried that VFR example Kansas to Eppely, and, it worked perfectly.However, when i come back to dear old Blighty, and set up a vfr flightplan, it's the same as above, no hand off's, stuck listening to the departure tower the entire journey. Also, when i ask them (of my own volition) to open my flightplan, they refuse. Same with temporary frequency change. (if they don't refuse they say "last aircraft, say again" over and over)So, i'm guessing i'm either doing something wrong with setting up the flight plan initially (although i set it up according to the manual), or, this thing doesn't like the UK. It's really starting to ###### me off nowAnyway, thanks for the reply :)Edit, i've noticed that when i create and save a vfr flightplan it only saves it as a .PLN file, and not as a .FLT file like the included examples. So my created flights arn't in the load menu in the main Free Flight section. Why is that ? It's the only reason i can think of why Voxatc isn't working with my flightplans.2nd edit. Nope, that doesn't change a thing. I tried saving a flightplan then started it, then saved it as a .flt, and then chose to fly that .flt plan, but no difference. Still no hand-off's, still listening to tower from several hundred miles away. This things a crock

Now this is interesting.For various reasons i never fly the stock Cessna 172, or in any country other than the UK. But, i've just tried that VFR example Kansas to Eppely, and, it worked perfectly.However, when i come back to dear old Blighty, and set up a vfr flightplan, it's the same as above, no hand off's, stuck listening to the departure tower the entire journey. Also, when i ask them (of my own volition) to open my flightplan, they refuse. Same with temporary frequency change. (if they don't refuse they say "last aircraft, say again" over and over)So, i'm guessing i'm either doing something wrong with setting up the flight plan initially (although i set it up according to the manual), or, this thing doesn't like the UK. It's really starting to ###### me off nowAnyway, thanks for the reply :)Edit, i've noticed that when i create and save a vfr flightplan it only saves it as a .PLN file, and not as a .FLT file like the included examples. So my created flights arn't in the load menu in the main Free Flight section. Why is that ? It's the only reason i can think of why Voxatc isn't working with my flightplans.2nd edit. Nope, that doesn't change a thing. I tried saving a flightplan then started it, then saved it as a .flt, and then chose to fly that .flt plan, but no difference. Still no hand-off's, still listening to tower from several hundred miles away. This things a crock
Mazz4200,You do not need to save a FLT file to use VoxATC except when you need SID/STAR, an ordinary PLN flight plan will do fine.When in flight you can press 0 to see your ATC options at that time, have you tried this on your VFR flight?Does your VFR flight departure/arrival airport involve other than default FSX scenery?

For the guys wondering why you can say anything on the second attempt: This is be design and helps you to not get stuck at one station trying to pronounce every word correctly. Especially when on final you will understand that this feature has its Pros.I could write a huge post about my experience with VoxATC too, I probably will in the next time, but after browsing nearly all topics around here, this "on the second attempt, anything can be said" thing seems very well done in my understanding.Maybe some option could be implemented to fine this option to the user needs. Fine tuning, a big issue of VoxATC in my eyes (but that's about to be written in another thread).As for the taxi guidance: This works on all my addon airports so far. I'm actually looking to disable this feature as I'm used to read charts and make mistakes when taxiing, just like in the real world where they don't put up extra lights for you :( I think this feature is useful at the beginning of sim flying but later annoys and should have an option to turn it off because it guides you where no guidance is needed and realistic.

As promised, I wrote some text about my VoxATC experience. Maybe you want to add your opinion herehttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/292717-tested-voxatc-a-summary/

Sorry it took a few days to reply.I've been doing a few test flights, and i've discovered that Voxatc works perfectly on both IFR and VFR flights in both .FLT and .PLN files. But, only if you're flying in the United States. Is this just me ? or does anyone else have problems flying VFR flights in Europe (for example)I must stress i only have the basic Voxatc and not the UK extended addon edition. And, i'm only using the demo at the moment (seeing if it's worth purchasing). But surely VFR should work in the UK as it does in the US, even without the extra goodies of the UK addon bit ?. As i said above, IFR Flights in the UK work fine.Also, to answer the question, i was using a few bits of addon scenery, tileproxy and a few addon aircraft, a couple of Carenado GA planes and a handful of Just Flight aircraft. However, in a desperate attempt to get this thing working properly, i un-installed everything, including FSX, and tried it again on a vanilla version of FSX upon re-installation. But same results as above.I'd happily buy the full version + UK addon if i knew for certain that it works correctly on VFR flights in the UK and the rest of Europe.

I don't think that the additional buy of the UK version will cure a problem. It will add some functions, that's for sure.I can tell that my basic version (VoxATC X) works fine with flight plans and only suffers on some attempts when using the SIDs and STARs via .flt file. The location doesn't make a difference here and I don't believe that the additional version will change something on this.Sometimes it gets stuck when still on the ground and then has to be restarted - still trying to figure out what triggers this behavior.

Hello all but especially Newbie, who's absorbing remarks about VoxATC I've just read. This programme was to a be birthday present but, because like many who are born on a Friday the 13th, things haven't panned out quite as expected and there is a two, possibly three week delay by the supplier and I just wonder if there is any significant connection with the apparent problems people seem to having with VoxATC and the supply problem by the manufacturer. If there was an official forum then no doubt they would put me right on this issue but, in the meantime, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any feed back from you geniuses out there.Did I say Newbie??? Sorry, I mean't Cool IP. Now you can guess my age!!!

Hello all but especially Newbie, who's absorbing remarks about VoxATC I've just read. This programme was to a be birthday present but, because like many who are born on a Friday the 13th, things haven't panned out quite as expected and there is a two, possibly three week delay by the supplier and I just wonder if there is any significant connection with the apparent problems people seem to having with VoxATC and the supply problem by the manufacturer. If there was an official forum then no doubt they would put me right on this issue but, in the meantime, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any feed back from you geniuses out there.Did I say Newbie??? Sorry, I mean't Cool IP. Now you can guess my age!!!
Hi Richbro,Supply problem? I think VoxATC offers download :( Anyway, I just had a delightful flight from Coffs Harbour to Brisbane Int. using VoxATC all the way and without any problems :(

Same answer here. Supply problem? Download the program and run it in trial mode until any DVD version arrives. Downloaded mine too and the payment thereafter took just some hours, or less.

Thanks gentlemen, I'll try the download and give it a whirl.

Same answer here. Supply problem? Download the program and run it in trial mode until any DVD version arrives. Downloaded mine too and the payment thereafter took just some hours, or less.