Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Installing Addon Scenery with Win7

So I have started to install freeware airplanes and scenery into FSX. Be advised that I have done this 1000's of times with FS2004. I thought I knew what I was doing. Planes and liveries - no issue - alls well on that front. But my FSX doesn't seem to recognize any scenery I want to install.First I installed the Victoria BC scenery, used the installer, no issues. I bought and installed the Tongass Fjords, used the installer, no issues. Scenery cfg file is being modified correctly.I now start manually installing some Swiss airports.The usual, I have each scenery installed in separate folder, unlying is the scenery folder. EGFSX Addon Scenery Switzerland - Bad Ragaz Airport SceneryI click scenery library>Add Area>Addon Scenery>Select the scenery (ie Bad Ragez above)>click OK> then nothing, blank {yet the bgl files are in the folder}.I tried five different scenery addons, my FSX will not allow me to manually add scenery.Anyone out there know what is going on? Experience the same issue? Should I do an FSX repair?Another weird thing, I tried typing in a garbage name, any old name for the scenery I was trying to install, it then added a blank scenery layer into my list of sceneries and when I clicked OK it reloaded the sceneries and the airport showed up but there was no identifying name in the list of names. I did not have this issue with Win XP, I am wondering if this is a Win7 issue which I am now running.Any help would be appreciated. I am running FSX AccelerationEdit: I now see that I have a FSX scenery.cfg file under my user name C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and also the "all users" C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\FSX

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Don't click on the ADD button, but instead click anywhere within the white area. It's a Win7 bug...See this post in the Win7 forum for details.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265677

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't click on the ADD button, but instead click anywhere within the white area. It's a Win7 bug...
Thank you! Thank you!.....I just tried your solution and it works....what a bloody issue, I just spend a ton of time trying to figure out what was happening.Hope this issue is cataloged somewhere, or pined.Much appreciated!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3