Hello again, just a quick question in regards to DWC.Due to my last topic posted here with "stuck" weather, I tried DWC again. Everything seemed to be working well on a flight from RJAA to PHNL today except one thing confuses me. When using DWC it sets FSX to "global" mode, does this have an adverse effect on which runway you get assigned? Or does FSX use surface weather for runway assignment?Just wondering because the wind was 030/11 when I was coming in (at the surface at PHNL) and I was assigned runway 26. Seems odd that it would get me to land with a tailwind. Winds aloft enroute were mostly about 260 to 270 for direction and anywhere from 80 to 130 knots.I use just FSX ATC, it has always worked fine for me until this flight using DWC. I was pleased with how it worked right up until runway assignment.Thanks!Jeff

Jeff Calder

Hi,Did you refresh the AI system after starting ASA? This needs to happen once per ASA session.

No, I didn't know that. Do you have to do it once FSX is running or just when I fire up ASA?Thank you!Jeff

Jeff Calder

I would like to be maybe more specific... I understand that refreshing traffic will provide correct take off data, but how is the laning par handled? Do we have to refresh before landing too, ot will weather be taken into consideration automatically?

Tom Link

Hi,Automatically, but if there has been HUGE shifts in direction since departure, the FS ATIS system has a hard time switching things. This is mostly true for super long flights where conditions may have changes in a HUGE way.