Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spilot

How is ActiveSky wxzRE Beta 1.9 under FS2004?

Guest Spilot

I really have been thinking about this, I went to their website and read a little bit. I didn't get a clear picture from it so I am asking someone who uses it. What benefits is there from using this, and does it have any FS2004 bugs? What can it do that REAL WORLD WEATHER cannot? and last what do you find is wrong with it?ThanksAdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

I just yesterday got the FS09 wxRE v1.9 update and used it, I had no problems at all. I can recommend it highly. Fasten your seat belt for wake turbulence if you use AI. :D I am not familiar with "Real World Weather" so I can not comment.It seems to do a great job on the cloud formations, I posted a couple of pics in the SS forum that might give a feel for it. Hope this helps some.Regards,Jay:-wave_____________________________________________________________________

Here's my personal observations...The FS2004 real world weather is satisfactory for the average sim pilot. It seems delayed, however - the weather you see at your local airport isn't the weather you are experiencing at that point in time. ActiveSky wxRE weather seems to be using more up-to-date weather information, as it's weather depiction more closely resembles the real world counterpart. FS2004 weather reads in multiple stations at once, and lets you see fronts approaching, clouds forming, and other items on a more regional scale. wxRE is a "global" system, and does NOT read other stations nearby. You will not see the storm front approaching. BUT - through the magic of the FS2004 transitions, you will build into the storms more smoothly than before. But as with any real world weather app, there can sometimes be some abrupt changes. Personally, it feels as thought the ActiveSky weather provides more detail to the environment. THe Microsoft weather has the benefit of seeing regional weather stations and manipulating the distant visuals and environments to suit, making it more smooth. If you are looking for more detailed weather and more timely weather, then ActiveSky is a good investment. If you are satisfied with the info that MS can provide and are interested in a more cohesive weather environment, perhaps the FS2004 weather is best. Keep watch of the ActiveSky pages to see if they update it to take advantage of multiple stations and such. Hopefully they will!-Greg

Guest Spilot

Thank you very much, and I think that is what I will do because I love flying and seeing that the east is clear and the south is cloudy and tha t kind of detail. Hopefully they will come out with that fix later on.Thanks everyoneSpilot692000@yahoo.comADAM