Years ago, my local shop advised that your case should approximate a wind tunnel as closely as possible. Good airflow was better than case volume, which only delayed the onslaught of heat, they said. So I bought the mid-tower that they had rather than a full tower. When my AMD 6400 was always SO HOT, I cut a hole in the top of the case and put in a 3000 rpm 120mm fan. Now that I have my new i7 860, finding cooling is once again a challenge. It was idling at 40* and prime 95 took it to 85*, so I had to do something! I bought a Hyper212+ and got the idle down to 36 after I turned the top case fan up as fast as I could. Prime still took it over 82* and I wanted no more than 80*, especially for this summer. So I bought a second 120mm case fan and mounted it on the side over the 212+. Idle dropped all of the way down to 29* and prime 95 is just hitting 80*, so I have learned that getting the hot air out is a big part of the equation. Kdub