Sign in to follow this  
jjaycee1

PNW being released 28Feb

According to the developers site, PNW being released 28Feb.
Yep I saw that. In fact, I'm almost sure I saw a post about that here a couple of hours ago...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Fantastic news!!!! I can't think of another FS release that I've been more excited about!!!

I hope that the DVD purchase comes with the download version too.Highly unlikely, but I do want to collect the DVD versions. This means I might have to wait until April to see PNW on my system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just looked at the screenies at the the Flightsim Store of the PNW package. Like the AU series (which I use during all my OZ flights) totally beyond belief. The Orbix team does the best scenery work available today, IM (not so) HO.

The Flightsim store states -"FSX Pre-Pay NOW for delivery from March 30th!"

Great stuff on the horizon, no doubt! :(
Tim, I was going to ask. Did you guys scrap the idea of cloud shadows?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yeah baby!No doubt about it, I'm doing a doing a clean install of FSX, loading up this PNW puppy, FEX, and just about nothing else, and settling in with a few beer.I can't imagine I'll be flying anywhere else for a while. Espescially since 90% of my flying is already in the PNW area.This is fun. I can't remember the last time people were looking forward to a release like this. I guess the next Big One will be ORBX Alaska complete with pizzed off grizzly bears attacking Cessnas on the runway. I would imagine that would sell a copy or two. :(

Most of their PNW screenies look pretty good, but some seem to dark.And this one is kind of yucky - http://www.flightsimstore.com/popup_image....10&type=jpg
Yeah, the trees look gross. But I think it was mentioned that those were not the final textures.Obviously PNW won't be perfect, but I'm sure it's going to be at least very good and a lot of fun. Plus, knowing ORBX, their will be some nice free stuff added on well.

Obviously PNW won't be perfect, but I'm sure it's going to be at least very good and a lot of fun. Plus, knowing ORBX, their will be some nice free stuff added on well.
The only big improvement I could think of that they left out is a more proper name for the product. It should be more alphabetically arranged as Canada Blue plus USA (CB&U) don't you think? LOL :( Ordered mine already and trying to excercise patience and damper enthusiasm without much success.

Most of their PNW screenies look pretty good, but some seem to dark.And this one is kind of yucky - http://www.flightsimstore.com/popup_image....10&type=jpg
As I sit here looking out the view from my window at a forested landscape on Vancouver Island in the PNW, with clearcuts.....it looks remarkably similar, except the real world may in fact be a bit darker, certainly the ground textures themselves are a bit darker. The trees - well, I would not expect that that photo will represent the shape textures and exact colour showing up in the sim.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yeah baby!No doubt about it, I'm doing a doing a clean install of FSX, loading up this PNW puppy, FEX, and just about nothing else, and settling in with a few beer.I can't imagine I'll be flying anywhere else for a while. Espescially since 90% of my flying is already in the PNW area.This is fun. I can't remember the last time people were looking forward to a release like this. I guess the next Big One will be ORBX Alaska complete with pizzed off grizzly bears attacking Cessnas on the runway. I would imagine that would sell a copy or two. :(
I'm with you! I think that the 3D flying may be eye popping beautiful. This may cause me to get back into scenery enhancements again.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3