Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Sibwings BirdDog - as good as it looks?

Hi Guys, I've noticed this very attractive little GA and I'd like some comments from those who've tried it. It sure looks good but how does it fly (slips, skids and spins)? Are there any problems with download or activation?http://www.sibwings.com/birddog.phpCheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Hi Guys, I've noticed this very attractive little GA and I'd like some comments from those who've tried it. It sure looks good but how does it fly (slips, skids and spins)? Are there any problems with download or activation?http://www.sibwings.com/birddog.phpCheers,Noel.
It really looks fantastic.I've heard that their SafirX is a pure jewel.I'd love to read some feedback too!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest UlfB

The aircraft textures look fantastic! What a beauty!

The aircraft textures look fantastic! What a beauty!
Purchased!!! :--)))Very quick download and activation.And beautiful free liveries too!!Let's try it now! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Honestly, John - the Safir is also a "must-have" too. It has excellent flight dynamics and is quite aerobatic - spins are forceful, speeding up after a couple of turns. It comes with the most exquisite and realistic engine sounds and a goodly number of very different versions. The cockpit is also quite different from the usual Cessna/Beech style and is somewhat reminiscent of the Dornier 27.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well I have to say that my first flight with the Dog blew me away.It's the more immersive and realistic VFR bird I have in my "hangar".Simply amazing!

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest UlfB
Well I have to say that my first flight with the Dog blew me away.It's the more immersive and realistic VFR bird I have in my "hangar".Simply amazing!
Thanks David for your feedback. I'll rush over and get the bird!

Enjoy Ulf! :--)(have you noticed the moving glass effect on the gauges? simply stunning!)

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest UlfB
Enjoy Ulf! :--)(have you noticed the moving glass effect on the gauges? simply stunning!)
Yeah, it's amazing :(

Yeah, it's amazing :(
These do look like amazing aircraft. The only thing I noticed that i have questions about is the engine sounds. In the youtube videos and the online 3d demonstrations at the website, it sounds like the engine sound is looped(noticeably). Do you guys hear it in-game or is the noticeable loop an artifact of the recordings? I am not trying to be critical, just wondering if it is noticeable in-game. Otherwise they look like stunning aircraft and I wouldn't mind owning one of them.Here are two fascinating videos of their aircraft, they look absolutely amazing!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSlmk-g6mLE (about 6 minutes in)
Look at the glass reflections on the instruments in video #2....really really nice. But if you watch the video you can really hear the looping sounds at about 3:09.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png