Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robi77

Max Angle ( FMC indication )

What means the reading Max Angle ( ex 289 ) in the Act Econ Clb of the FMC ?I tried to figure it out but in vain,therefore I need your help.TksHerbert Werni

What means the reading Max Angle ( ex 289 ) in the Act Econ Clb of the FMC ?I tried to figure it out but in vain,therefore I need your help.TksHerbert Werni
The speed at which you will get to your cruise altitude in the shortest distance.

signed: José Luis

Also known as Vx.. Vy is max rate of climb and Vx is max angle of climb (x has more angles than y).

Dan Downs KCRP

Also known as Vx.. Vy is max rate of climb and Vx is max angle of climb (x has more angles than y).
I do not get it ! How can a angle of climb be 286 ? I still miss something since I think an angleof 15 would be quite a climb.Please explain.TksHerbert Werni

I do not get it ! How can a angle of climb be 286 ? I still miss something since I think an angleof 15 would be quite a climb.Please explain.TksHerbert Werni
Please disregard the question.I just figured it out.ThanksHerbert Werni

It's the airspeed that produces the best angle, not the angle itself. The actual value of the angle will be variable depending on a bunch of factors. (climb power setting selection, weight etc)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,720.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now