Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My Traffic 2006 v4.1 a gift...from developer

if you also run FSX and decide to purchase My Traffic X v5.2b from SimMarket. You also have rights to ask the developer (Burkhard Renk) for My Traffic 2006 v4.1 for FS9I bought the FSX version two days ago..and just loaded the FS9 version. Wow...it sure blows PAI or WOAI out of the water for populating most all airports with realistic comings and going'sSome models are not as detailed visually as some P.A.I. or W.O.A.I., but....they do not impact FPS in any way. You can have both Commercial and General Aviation A.I. at a full 100 percent!Just thought to post this info, in case others were not aware that you may get this FS9 version as a 'gift' from the developer. You need to request this of him...and he will give you a download link for same. His response to my download request was very swift in reply, and I thank him here for that. Great service!Mitch

Hello MitchGlad you got the FS9 4.1 link from Mr Renk, I really think he should publicise the fact that the FS9 version is available free.The ability to select the Ai year from the MyTraffic communicator is a nice feature

Hello MitchGlad you got the FS9 4.1 link from Mr Renk, I really think he should publicise the fact that the FS9 version is available free.The ability to select the Ai year from the MyTraffic communicator is a nice feature
Hi Mad Dog! You were reading my mind! That's why I put out the word. I just sat slack jawed after landing at Jamaica near about dusk...and OMG....wow..what a killer two punch...REX2004 and MY Traffic 2006! With either PAI or WOAI, I only had a rag-tag of aircraft at any time. Now...eight at the gate..and more coming in as you would expect for this time of year. The sky via REX2004 is drop-dead gorgeous as Dash 8's, heavies, 7XX's, come in on visual R30. I should have gotten an A.I. program sooner. I was missing out for years! I also very much like the fact that at each airport, the HUB is true to life. Not just PAI or WOAI throwing any carrier into the mix. The HUBS that I have visited, KORD, CYYZ, all of them, are populated predominantly with the carrier that HAS the Hub. Very authentic.Ok...back to my sipping a good cup of Jamaican coffee and leaning against my Mooney, for the stars are just about out...and am enjoying the landing and navigation lights against the blue and purple sky....Life is good, Mad Dog...simulation Life is gooooood.....Good deal...two programs for 33 Euro's.Cheers!Mitch

Yes, MyTraffic is indeed far more comprehensive than WoAI or anything freeware of the kind. Mind you, I also think WoAI's models and texturing are superior to myTraffic's models and stuff. I have always felt it doesn't look as good as it could...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Um, so basically what you guys are saying is that you a get a lot of AI, but inferior modelling . . .? I'm not sure I get the advantage of Traffic 2006 over WOAI. Could you possibly elaborate? I run WOAI at consistent 80% and have never been want for traffic anywhere I've been.I may be missing the point. . .

I used MyTraffic 2006 for quite a bit and liked the varied AI along with the GA and military planes. But yes, the graphics for the planes are better with WOAI. But MT still remains a very easy to use and good all-in-one package.

Um, so basically what you guys are saying is that you a get a lot of AI, but inferior modelling . . .? I'm not sure I get the advantage of Traffic 2006 over WOAI. Could you possibly elaborate? I run WOAI at consistent 80% and have never been want for traffic anywhere I've been.I may be missing the point. . .
I run it at 100% and think I have too much traffic at times, even on my meager system I can still get decent frames at places like KJFK and LFPG for example. so I would have to agree with Mr.Trelane....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi,The My Traffic models are not THAT inferior that you would gag...but are less demanding on polygons, so little or no impact to FPS's. Secondly, where WoAI and P.A.I. populates the more popular airports, My Traffic pretty well does the who shebang. It's really nice to see activity on your local or secondary field where you would in real life. Also, there are gads of carriers with some that I had never seen with either P.A.I. or W.o.A.I. The military bases active with fixed wing and rotary is worth the price of admission alone. All in all, I swapped out W.o.A.I. and have no regrets whatsoever.Worth the price of admission....for you can cover both FS9 and FSX for 33 Euros.Mitch