Sign in to follow this  
swordfishchn

why does "JPEG decoding problem at level .." happen?

I have played fsx with TP for over 1 month in win7 64bit,its strange that it crash after a long time of flying about 2 or 3 hours at first,but now it happens more often and at shorter time ,almost every 1 hour and the sentence in my title show up.I could be crazy if I could not solve this problem, since I love to play fsx with TP so much.Does anyone could help me out?

Guest Anubis
I have played fsx with TP for over 1 month in win7 64bit,its strange that it crash after a long time of flying about 2 or 3 hours at first,but now it happens more often and at shorter time ,almost every 1 hour and the sentence in my title show up.I could be crazy if I could not solve this problem, since I love to play fsx with TP so much.Does anyone could help me out?
TileProxy crashes on my pc as well after a while, when exceeding 4GB of size, it simply keep growing as the flight goes by. But you can restart it, either manually or automatically (I posted a message about a freeware tool that can do that for you), you will not loose the flight.Anubis

Thanks,Anubis.I mannually restart it and it works fine,I just forgot to do so,so stupid.I also tried visit the address you posted ,but failed,maybe do it later again."I'd suggest you try to tweak the cache limits in the proxyuser.ini file." thanks mortens,but i dont know how to tweak it.

"I'd suggest you try to tweak the cache limits in the proxyuser.ini file." thanks mortens,but i dont know how to tweak it.
Go into the Tileproxy folder on you start meny in Windows, select -> Edit Tileproxy.ini. Scroll down till you find the lines containing:
# Maximum number of bytes allocated to BMP graphics tiles in RAM at any time (0 for unlimited)# The value below states 100 MB.cache_bytes_limit=100000000# Maximum number of BMP tiles to cache in RAM at any time (0 for no limit).cache_tiles_limit=100000
The current settings work for me, but if your memory gets full, you can try to enter a lower value. When you're done press Save and close the editor.

Guest Anubis
Go into the Tileproxy folder on you start meny in Windows, select -> Edit Tileproxy.ini. Scroll down till you find the lines containing: The current settings work for me, but if your memory gets full, you can try to enter a lower value. When you're done press Save and close the editor.
I am not sure that limit is the culprit. The default value (which I have used as well, TP crashes anyway after a while) states 100.000.000 bytes, that is approx. 100 MB. When TileProxy crashes on my pc it has reached the size of ~4 GBytes, that is 4.000.000.000, more than 40 times that limit.Either the current version of TileProxy has a memory leak (depending on the programming language in which it has been written), or it does not release resources no longer necessary as time goes by: in both cases, this makes the application when reaching 4 Gbytes, which is the max addressing space (2^32 = 4 294 976 296) of a 32bit Windows application.Anubis

I am not sure that limit is the culprit. The default value (which I have used as well, TP crashes anyway after a while) states 100.000.000 bytes, that is approx. 100 MB. When TileProxy crashes on my pc it has reached the size of ~4 GBytes, that is 4.000.000.000, more than 40 times that limit.
That 4G you refer to is the pagefile on the hard drive (which is what I have mine set to also) and mine crashes too when it is maxed out at 4G. The cache_bytes_limit - that is a RAM allocation - not the same thing.My settings in this area: cache_bytes_limit=800000000 # (800M) though I frequently run at 1 G. Task manager is still showing 1.9G available memory cache_tiles_limit=125000currently experimenting with 100k - 150k range to see if more is better...I fly for 6-8 hours at a time but usually reset the sim and TP when PAGEFILE gets to the 2G range.Loyd

Well, so far I don't think I've flown more than about 3 hours straight, but without any TP issue. I'm currently running 8GB pagefile, though.

I tweak INI today and with these settings:cache_bytes_limit=800000000 cache_tiles_limit=125000Tp really doesnt crash ,but the images become blur and it is slow when change view,so i think i should try some other setting to find a balance value of it for my computer,need sometimes to test .Right now, restart it mannually is most simply way ,since i am taking a flight around the earth with a small plane. I also find across the ocean will make me flight longer,and now change pagefile from 4GB to 8GB too(still testing,dont konw if its useful).

Guest Anubis
That 4G you refer to is the pagefile on the hard drive (which is what I have mine set to also) and mine crashes too when it is maxed out at 4G. The cache_bytes_limit - that is a RAM allocation - not the same thing.
No. When I say that TileProxy has reached 4GB of Virtual Size, I mean the process TileProxy.exe alone has a virtual size of 4 GB of "memory" (as reported by Process Explorer). It is called "virtual size" since a part of that memory may be real ("RAM") and a part may be virtual ("on disk") but all together, the process uses/addresses 4 GB. The system pagefile is bigger: I am using a Windows 7 64bit system with 8 GB of RAM.The cache_bytes_limit is a memory limit, not a RAM limit (a process deals with memory, not with RAM. Only the operating system knows if a memory page is currently mapped to a RAM page or to a disk page). The reason why TileProxy crashes when reaches 4 GB is related to the limit of any 32bit Windows application: no 32bit application can use more than 2^32 bytes of memory space, as it uses 4 bytes memory address pointers. (4 bytes = 4 * 8 bits = 32 bits --> 2^32 = ~4GB of individually addressable bytes, that can be in RAM or on disk, this is transparent to TileProxy or any other process).Even FSX itself, being another 32bit native application, when running on a 64bit system, can't use more than 4 Gbytes.Anubis