Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

J41 CRASHING AFTER 15 MINUTES

Please help - System- VISTA SP1 FSX with acceleration loaded. Dual core with 4gig ram and GTX 280. All other PMDG products run well namely 747 and MD11. I downloaded J41 from the net and did activate the sim. When I run the tutorial in FSX it crashes after about 10 minutes. If I fly normaly and click on the FMC the game crashes. Is there a patch comming? I do believe I have the latest version down loaded 3 weeks ago. This has occured 10 times and I am not sure what to do.

The first thing you need to do is sign your full name (see 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING').Skip the tutorial until you get free flight working.What do you mean click on the FMS... do you mean the clickspot to bring up the 2D screen or the ON switch?Try uninstalling Acceleration and reinstalling it after a reboot.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have inserted my signature now..When I click on the FMC and not when I switch it on. Both 747 and MD11 run perfectly. It is when I am in virtual cockpit full mode and sometimes whilst loading the FMC.This does occur outside of the tutorial as well. I did a repair job on Acceleration which has not helped.SHANNON LODER -FAJS

I've seen very few reports of this and have yet to read the solution. Hope you share it here when you find it.The SP2/or Accel reinstall has helped some. Meanwhile, send an email to pmdg support and be sure to get an automatic reply. Maybe someone will visit the forum soon who has the solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

ThanksI have considered Windows 7 but I am unsure if that will make a difference?

Once I figured out how to shut up the nanny security I've no problem with Vista. I will go to W7 but it is on the list.

Dan Downs KCRP

I removed Acceleration and reinstalled it completely. I have tried for the last hour to induce a crash which has not happened- hopefully this is the fix...

Have you looked at your hardware? I'd be suspicious of overheating in the video card or CPU here - we know of no known crash bug with the J41 like this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The event 'touch FMS and crash' is fixed? The problem is now a crash after 20 min... and is this just an approximate time or is it exactly 20 min every time? Are you always flying or are you on the ramp? Will it crash in 20 min if you just let the sim run without touching it?What message does Vista give you after the crash? What is the module that crashed?Ryan beat me, I was also going to suggest easing back on your OC.

Dan Downs KCRP

The 20 minutes is an estimate. The gtx 280 runs at about 75 degrees and is not overclocked. All other sim packages run fine including MD11 and 747. The screen freezes and FSX restarts. FSX has encountered an error and will need to restart.

I have a gtx 260 and mine never gets that hot. Do you have the EVGA precision utility installed so you can turn up your fan speed to cool that thing down a bit. You also need to look in your event manager to find out what module is failing like others suggested. Over the years I have had many of these problems with fsx. You might have to run a repair on your fsx installation.

... Do you have the EVGA precision utility installed so you can turn up your fan speed to cool that thing down a bit.
I strongly recommend this as well. The default rpm of the fans are normally very low running at 40 or 45%. I run both of mine at 80% to help cool but also keep the air moving in my somewhat cluttered and tight case, it helps a lot.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The 20 minutes is an estimate. The gtx 280 runs at about 75 degrees and is not overclocked. All other sim packages run fine including MD11 and 747. The screen freezes and FSX restarts. FSX has encountered an error and will need to restart.
This means absolutely nothing. Not all software stresses a system equally or in the same way. The J41 is not the MD11 or 747, they're programmed completely differently. (all three vs. eachother) I've experienced problems when overclocking before where every stress test app (Prime95, OCCT, Linpack etc) I had would perform flawlessly but as soon as I ran an actual game I'd get a crash or video artifacts.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I will attempt to cool the card and increase the fan speed. I did run a repair on FSX as well. I am holding thumbs,thanks for the support.