Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Go Flight drivers for FS2004 are out!

The new 1.27 has been posted at the website. They work!!! You will need to assign the buttons and switches with the new config for FS2004. Great to have my panels back!BobP :)

Guest goon

Great news! I've got my FS2004 and first two Go Flight modules arriving imminently, and was facing the dilemma of having FS2004 with no GoFlight, or FS2002 with GoFlight.

Hey thanks for the information! I tried to load the old version and it didn't work. :(Any way while I was at it, I ordered myself the GF-MCP along with a brand new Gainward Geforce FX 5900 265 meg video card. All so I can play a little more with our new toy!JohnnyKTUS

Hi,I was able to spend more time this afternoon and I'm getting a problem with assigning the GF-P8 to G45 functions. I sent an email off to the guys and I'm sure they will address any problems quickly.BobP :)

I'm having many problems with the new drivers...I launch the sim,and two or three of my GF modules shut down after 2-3 minutes, usually the GF-166 and one GF-45, and some of my USB controllers too ( joystick, CH-Products yoke, pedals...), and I have to reboot my PC. It occurs both in the Main Menu screen and in the middle of a flight. inside the 3D window... I don't think it's a hardware problem, because the new driver works perfectly in FS2002... maybe it hasn't tested all the way for FS ACOF??? a problem with FSUIPC 3? It's really annoying, and it occurs independently of the aircraft you use... I'll have to E-mail the support of Go-flight with this issues...

I was able to assign the commands to the devices, however they don't work in FS2004. When I bring up the sim, all the devices light up like a christmas tree and are pretty non-func except the toggles I have programmed for my lighting.I too hope they will release another version that fixes this. I'd hate to think I have over $1100 of broken GoFlight toys on my desktop.Waitin' in Tucson.....JohnnyKTUS

anyone here using Go-flight modules with FS2004 without problems?what configuration do you have? have you connected the GF modules directly to the USB ports or to an USB hub...?I have 8 modules, and only two USB ports in my PC, and because this I have to connect al the GF stuff with 3 USB hubs in a serial configuration....But I repeat that I don't think it's a problem of hardware, because it works perfectly inside FS2002...

well, in that case I would have more than 2000 euros broken...I hope they do a quick patch, but I have to say that the support in their Web is not precisely very useful... They update their web one time each six months!!?? And they haven't a support forum.I can't undersatnd that mode of customer support, given the high price of their products. Lots of freeware developers have very better support than Go-flight

Same here. Some functions can be assigned and work, others you can assign but they lock the GF45 until you assign something else.Same thing happens with the GF166 as well.

does anyone know a forum or any web page to contact directly with the developers of Go-flight?I have E-mailed them about the issues with the new driver, but I haven't got any response from them...

any news? any contact address?something?:-hang

I can't get the GF-45 to go into autopilot mode when I configure a GF_P8 to select Autopilot. I have other P8 buttons configured to select NAV1, NAV2, COM1, COM2, ADF, XPNDR, and those all seem to work fine.Everything else seemed to work fine as far as I can tell. When I selected the Piper Cub, both my GF-45's went blank. I would have expected at least COM1 to work (as that appears to be the only radio even in the aircraft) but it did not.I agree, the GoFlight website leaves a LOT to be desired. It's poorly layed out and almost never updated. You learn about new GoFlight equipment on AVSIM half a year before anything even shows up on GoFlight's website. Heck, I don't think they even mention the existence of the new throttles yet!

well well welll :D I think that i have found an acceptable solution...I have made 2 things: 1.- change the connections of the USB hubs, now the modules that gave me the problems are connected to another USB hub that it seems supply a more stable electrical power to them...2.- I have lowered the brightness of all my "problematic" modules with the Configuration utility, and I guess that they consume less energy now...All work OK now, but I can't understand why Fs2002 worked perfectly without doing any change, and FS2004 didn't work. maybe the Go-flight modules need more electric power with FS2004?I'm guess that that conclusion is stupid, but I'm sorry, I'm not a guru of electronics...

I was able to eliminate several problems by NOT assigning the new G45_DME function to a GF-P8 button. It was causing many of the problems I saw above. I still cannot get the G-45_RTP Inst (altimeter) to read out on the G-45, but have most everything else working.BobP :)