Sign in to follow this  
tull

Cloud textures?

HiCan anyone one tell me were I could get replacement cloud textures so I can get better frame rates, I used to have Chris Willis's textures but no longer have the file, and it is unavailable in the file libary, they really improved my frames at the the time. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.RegardsPaul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

HiCan anyone one tell me were I could get replacement cloud textures so I can get better frame rates, I used to have Chris Willis's textures but no longer have the file, and it is unavailable in the file libary, they really improved my frames at the the time. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.RegardsPaul EGCC
Try these: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=39386http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=57485Go to the library and in FS9 Scenery, search clouds*There are a few more packages that reduce the clouds to 64x64. Not sure if you need those, but start with the above.

Try these: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=39386http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=57485Go to the library and in FS9 Scenery, search clouds*There are a few more packages that reduce the clouds to 64x64. Not sure if you need those, but start with the above.
I am interested in both these sets of textures. However, neither are posted on AVSIM likely as a result of the hack. I checked over at the other site and they have the Bill Lyons set. However they do not have the FS Group set.Do you or anyone else have "fsw2004.zip" approximately 29 Megs. available to share? perhaps you can PM me.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Excellent, thanks.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

These clouds are the best!Vololiberista
Hi Glad they worked out to your satisfaction. Drop the author a line and let him know too mate.....John

Hello TullI use this hde_1_0.zip....John
Hello there Tull,I took at a look at this cloud package, and they do look amazing, but I have to ask (before I download): will their performance be better than that of the default clouds? As it is, I take a pretty big performance hit any time I'm around a heavier cloud, and I've even reduced the 3D quality of the defaults to around 50% just to reduce the hit. Any info is appreciated!George

Hello there Tull,I took at a look at this cloud package, and they do look amazing, but I have to ask (before I download): will their performance be better than that of the default clouds? As it is, I take a pretty big performance hit any time I'm around a heavier cloud, and I've even reduced the 3D quality of the defaults to around 50% just to reduce the hit. Any info is appreciated!George
Firstly Pablo Diaz's clouds are free nd they come in various resolutions so you can choose what's best for your set up. I use FSMetar as my weather engine and it really fills the sky if the weather condition so dictate.Vololiberista