Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

Any solutions to this vexing problem?

Guest Stan V

My computer does not properly act on multikey combinations such as (shift+e+2). Even though I press the three keys simultaneously intending one action, I get two separate effects - one, the result of pressing (shift+e) keys - usually the opening of a door/canopy - plus a second action, the result of pressing the (shift+2) keys which varies from aircraft to aircraft.Does anyone know a fix for this? I seem to recall that someone posted here about a way to fix it some time ago. I remember that more than one user had the problem - but I can't remember exactly where or the context in which it was discussed. The (shift+e+2) key combination is frequently used by developers to open a cargo door. I am hoping someone knows or can remember.Stan V

Although this may not be your problem but actually you do not press all three keys simultaneously. The correct way is to press Shift+E and release those keys and then quickly press 2 or 3 afterwards.Todd

Guest Stan V
Although this may not be your problem but actually you do not press all three keys simultaneously. The correct way is to press Shift+E and release those keys and then quickly press 2 or 3 afterwards.Todd
Thanks, Todd - using your guidance and considerable playing around with my keyboard, I actually got the indicated sequences to work as advertised. My motivation was that I just bought Vertigo Studios's very nice Douglas SBD Dauntless and VS use those sequences to open/close the gunner's canopy and deploy the rear machine guns. Those are features I now can enjoy.Stan V.