Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

SpamFly.EU panhandling by e-mail

I found it particularly amusing to find an e-mail in my junk mail folder from simfly.eu, urgently panhandling for donations for their server repairs.You know, the guys that somehow got all our e-mail addresses after they were lifted from the AVSIM database by the AVSIM hacker?Maybe the truth is that they really need that money to pay their LEGAL bills!!! bwaaaaaaahahahaha :( CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I got it too, read it, and had a pretty good laugh.

the message in my spam box this evening.i believe the 'undercurrent' of the spam is a dig at avsim. review the comments posted last month from the 'hacker' stating the sever was a 'planned failure' and avsim was looking for a way to 'make a buck'.to bad the US 'anti-spam' laws would realy do some good. it is SO CLEAR that the email data was taken from a specific location without permission.hope the avsim case is moving ahead ... as i'd love to see the 'hacker's' head on a pike.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Maybe the truth is that they really need that money to pay their LEGAL bills!!! bwaaaaaaahahahaha
That's precisely the first thing that went through my mind too. :(

That's precisely the first thing that went through my mind too. :(
...or for monthly cakes sent to prison..

From the very same source that completely falsely accused Tom of soliciting donations - and suggested he was doing so to line his own pockets! You couldn't make this stuff up!Well they ain't getting a cent from me!

Here is a copy of the email I received for anyone who might not have received it. Dear Members,We have just had to perform some massive upgrades on the servers, this has blown our budget and we are in desperate need of funding to pay our invoices.This is a plea to anyone that can afford to spare a few pounds/euros/dollars or anything we really need to pay these bills.The upgrade performed were:- New Windows 2008 Machine Purchased (Old one failed)- Server Memory Upgraded (Hence the huge speed difference in site)- KVM access for data centre- An additional 16 IP addresses for use with AFTS3.This is an honest and genuine fee, we are looking to make approximately 300GBP to cover this months invoices which are due now.You do not have to choose a package from the shop we will automatically issuing vouchers to anyone who makes a paypal payment to billing@simfly.eu if the amounts do not conform to what you can afford.You can also visit our Voucher Shop via visiting www.simfly.eu/shop.phpThis is an urgent situation though, and if we do not pay our bills they will eventually cut off our GIGABIT cables until we do, which means the site will just go off.Many Thanks SimFly.EU Teamhttp://www.simfly.eu

One simple thought,..........................., for them, non - cents!Mel

I got my unsolicited spam from them today, which also shows what utter b.s. their friggin' "unsubscribe" feature is since I used it to humor Mr. Slimeball himself during the last round of spam a month or two ago. I guess they can solicit for money regardless, since they seem to mold the rules to whatever they wish.Bottom feeders. -John

Yeah, I had a giggle upon receiving said email. Maybe the spam will stop once they go under? We can only hope.

Bernard

I receive the same email also after i already unsubscribed from them. I unsubscribed again and added them to my spam filter.

Nathan

I was very interested when I received an email from them on my home email account. I have not used my home email account to register or do any flight simulation business in years!! In fact, there are only two sites that come to mind that I may have used my home email on and that is Avsim and a small Virtual Airline that I am still with.I have not registered with SimFly and I certainly did not supply them with my home email account. It is quite possible it was still in the Avsim database though.... :( Things that make you say hmmmm.... :( ChuckCYXU