Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dugulus

Engine and prop sound reversed?

Guest Dugulus

Hi all. This is my first post ever about FSX. I can't find anything about this sound issue I believe is in FSX (and maybe older versions, but its been a long time). I have googled and searched but found nothing. My issue is, when you adjust one throttle (manifold pressure or torque, depending) in the multi engine prop planes, you get the "out of sync.. wah wah wah." But, when you change the rpm on one engine with the prop control lever, there is no "wah wah wah." This is actually backwards. You should get the annoying out of sync sound when the prop rpm's on each engine is different, not when the manifold pressures or torques are different (unless of course you pull the power back significantly enough that the prop rpm can no longer maintain its speed, which of course then you would get the sound again, but only because prop rpm is different). I used to fly a Navajo (10 years ago) and I would always adjust the prop levers to get the "sound" right. Anyway, if anyone knows of a fix, or a good aftermarket sound file that fixes this, please let me know. Thank you.

Hi all. This is my first post ever about FSX. I can't find anything about this sound issue I believe is in FSX (and maybe older versions, but its been a long time). I have googled and searched but found nothing. My issue is, when you adjust one throttle (manifold pressure or torque, depending) in the multi engine prop planes, you get the "out of sync.. wah wah wah." But, when you change the rpm on one engine with the prop control lever, there is no "wah wah wah." This is actually backwards. You should get the annoying out of sync sound when the prop rpm's on each engine is different, not when the manifold pressures or torques are different (unless of course you pull the power back significantly enough that the prop rpm can no longer maintain its speed, which of course then you would get the sound again, but only because prop rpm is different). I used to fly a Navajo (10 years ago) and I would always adjust the prop levers to get the "sound" right. Anyway, if anyone knows of a fix, or a good aftermarket sound file that fixes this, please let me know. Thank you.
Yep-been complaining about this for years...