Sign in to follow this  
CrisGEr

Replacing WOAI with Ultimate Traffic Questions

I purchased a copy of Ultimate Traffic for my install of FS9 but i have about 30 airlines installed with WOAI. I am assuming i should clean house of any other AI before installing UT.... the planes for certain but was not sure what sort of AFCAD WOAI installs..unfortunately i deleted the original installer for most of these WOAI airlines so cant use the built in function. my bad.can anyone advise what to remove from the WOAI files to make room for UT? i will keep digging on my own but wanted to ask for advice here too.

WOAI build no AFCADs. All you'll want to remove is:- aircraft folders (they are in the Aircraft folder and their names start with WoA_)- trafic files (they are bgl files in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder and their names begin with Traffic_WoA_ or Traffic_00_WoA_)Then, you are OK to go with your new traffic toy. :(

HiMaybe you could try installing the WOA1 Installer again and use that to uninstall the WOA! files. You can get it at the WOA! site...........JohnWoops Sorry Rafal I did'nt see your reply :(

I purchased a copy of Ultimate Traffic for my install of FS9 but i have about 30 airlines installed with WOAI. I am assuming i should clean house of any other AI before installing UT.... the planes for certain but was not sure what sort of AFCAD WOAI installs..unfortunately i deleted the original installer for most of these WOAI airlines so cant use the built in function. my bad.can anyone advise what to remove from the WOAI files to make room for UT? i will keep digging on my own but wanted to ask for advice here too.
HiNot quite sure why you would want to replace WOAI with Ultimate Traffic!! Although UT is very good and I used it for a couple of years on it's own before adding WOAI, the WOAI traffic was so good that I deleted any UT airlines for which I could find WOAI alternatives and only left the UT airlines which were not available as WOAI installations. Now, having had to reinstall fs9 following a Windows meltdown, I only use WOAI traffic - over 400 airlines and GA aircraft gives great traffic realism!Bill

HiNot quite sure why you would want to replace WOAI with Ultimate Traffic!! Although UT is very good and I used it for a couple of years on it's own before adding WOAI, the WOAI traffic was so good that I deleted any UT airlines for which I could find WOAI alternatives and only left the UT airlines which were not available as WOAI installations. Now, having had to reinstall fs9 following a Windows meltdown, I only use WOAI traffic - over 400 airlines and GA aircraft gives great traffic realism!Bill
Me too! Woia is so much better on aircraftquality, fps, taxispeeds and so on. It also use even and odd flightlevels!WOW!Thankyou WOIA!RThor HenningNorway

Thor H

I agree.I also had UT before. And after I changed to WOAI I have never even thought about going back. WOAI is so much better in many aspects. And....it is free of charge !! :(

Staffan

Have some mercy, getlemen!He has already paid for his UT. Let him try. :(

Have some mercy, getlemen!He has already paid for his UT. Let him try. :(
Ofcourse. :( Just thinking about all payware stuff I have purchased over the years, just to find out that some of them wasn

Staffan

Ofcourse. :( Just thinking about all payware stuff I have purchased over the years, just to find out that some of them wasn

Gents,If my understanding is correct WOAI packages are for a single airline. So if you want to see 100 airlines in FS9 you have to download and install 100 packages. Ouch!UT is a more elegant solution in my eyes as you get all the world's airlines and schedules in a single package. Each to their own I suppose. Just a pity that UT hasn't been updated in few years now.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am a UT user for a few years now and perhaps I can give the OP some encouragement.The UT "out of the box" contains many airlines and ai aircraft (lthough maybe not the best models). What I have done over the years is to replace all the a/c with aardvark;cdai;fruit stand etc. I also have created many new airlines within UT and updated the existing ones. So with a bit of work you can have the latest ai planes flying the latest routes.What I like about UT is the ability to view timetables for airports/airlines and assing a new a/c to fly an existing set of routes. I often download WOAI files and use the plans and aircraft to create a new airline in UT It is also possible of course to run both together.So using UT does not mean you are stuck with the original flightplans and a/c

Peter Schluter