Sign in to follow this  
MahrVehl

MD-11 First Time.

Hi, I've just bought the MD-11 from Precision Manuals and It's a really great plane, however everytime I reload the aircraft the screens are black. Plus when I go Add-ons>PMDG>Options nothing shows up not even Aircraft Fuel selection, and weirdly I can't move anything in the Overhead panel. It's like I downloaded a "DEMO".I run FSX.Regards,Andrew Coz

Make sure when you use the load manager you dont add too much fuel. The aircraft will have all black screens when you do that. I just leave fuel empty on the load manager and add it when I am in the game under PMDG options.

Thanks for the quick reply but sadly, It doesn't work. I've changed the "FUEL SELECTOR" in the Load Manager to Current : "7.000". Loaded my MD-11 and all screens are black.The only thing that I could do was advance the throttles. I couldn't click anything, especially the overhead panel. Also the Load Manager "seemed" to be un-connected to the MD-11 because when I change fuel quantity the percentage doesn't change. I've clicked "Send to FSX" and "Save to File".*It looked like this : http://i49.tinypic.com/54vhcm.jpg

Run the installer again (as admin if you have Vista/W7) and select repair. Make sure the C++ redistributals are repaired. I think the problem might be with those.If you have a 64b OS, you will need both 32b and 64b redistributals.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Im new to this forum I have the same problem my crt's are black and the simulator dont shows the aircraft as a add on. Im using fsx with window xp. can you help me .

Fernando A. Maldonado

If FSX doesn't show MD11 after installation you have a different problem... how do you know the display units are black?Did you try the suggestion that worked for Andrew?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Patrick1237

Ive got the same problem, all my screens are black, i have no Horizon, no FMC, nothing! I tried the repair thing, but it hasnt changed anything. Also the throttles seem to lock alot, im guessing this is because im not following the correct procedures?(also, im using FS2004)ThanksGreg Patrick

Greg, if the entire face of the MCDU is missing textures (FMS) then you almost are certain to have a problem with the C++ redistributals that the PMDG installer should be installing with the aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Patrick1237
Greg, if the entire face of the MCDU is missing textures (FMS) then you almost are certain to have a problem with the C++ redistributals that the PMDG installer should be installing with the aircraft.
What do you mean by the entire face of the MCDU?I can fly the aircraft about, so the aircraft is there, but i have no screens working in the cockpit. Also my throttles seem to lock when im flying, but i think thats to do with the start up procedures.And if it is a problem with the C++ then how can i fix it?Greg

You can usually fix it by just running the installer over itself and chosing the repair option. You can also just download the C++ runtime installers also.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

What do you mean by the entire face of the MCDU?
There is no keyboard.If your OS is Vista/W7, perhaps the nanny UAC is tripping up your install. Run everything with admin rights, and set the pmdg folders with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP