Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Any FS9 Land Class for the whole of Europe

Does anybody know of a land class product for FS9 that covers the whole of Europe, not matter if payware or freeware. I'm very satisfied with the FSGenesis US Land Class and I always thought they were offering one for Europe too, but they don't. SceneryTech only offers one for FSX.Wolfgang

Hi,Try this...http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=uteuropeFlight 1 Ultimate Terrain EuropeRegards.D
Many thanks for your quick reply Dave. But is UT really a land class programme? I have UT USA installed and it only enhances the city lanclasses (besides doing night lighting, rivers, coastlines, roads, railways etc.).Wolfgang

Does anybody know of a land class product for FS9 that covers the whole of Europe, not matter if payware or freeware. I'm very satisfied with the FSGenesis US Land Class and I always thought they were offering one for Europe too, but they don't. SceneryTech only offers one for FSX.Wolfgang
Hi WolfgangFScene Volume 1 Europe & Africa (Just Flight / FS Quality) is about as close as you might get to a landclass product for fs9 that covers all of Europe. It basically replaces the default scenery textures to improve them and also varies the textures with the seasons. But it is not really a true land class product I think, although it does improve the overall appearence of fs9 scenery in Europe. Although I have it, I no longer use it on fs9 however because it did seem to cause some minor problems with some of the other area specific landclass addons I was using in Europe, such as the Ireland land class freeware.Bill

Hi WolfgangFScene Volume 1 Europe & Africa (Just Flight / FS Quality) is about as close as you might get to a landclass product for fs9 that covers all of Europe. It basically replaces the default scenery textures to improve them and also varies the textures with the seasons. But it is not really a true land class product I think, although it does improve the overall appearence of fs9 scenery in Europe. Although I have it, I no longer use it on fs9 however because it did seem to cause some minor problems with some of the other area specific landclass addons I was using in Europe, such as the Ireland land class freeware.Bill
HelloFScene is a replacement set of textures, it is not a landclass file.Landclass is as the name suggests a land classification file that calls the relevant textures from whatever Texture Addon you may be using , FScene , GEPro , Birdseye view ect. in order to display the correct texture tiles for that area.While UTerrain does have landclass it is more accurate at portraying towns and citys rather than rural .Myworld2004 is a good worldwide landclass that will work along side FSGenesis USA landclass.You only need to correctly layer the respective files in the scenery.cfg to achieve the effect you require.UTerrain has a landclass sandwich patch to enable it to show only the Citys and towns from its own landclassin order to work along with other landclass for rural locations.

HelloFScene is a replacement set of textures, it is not a landclass file.Landclass is as the name suggests a land classification file that calls the relevant textures from whatever Texture Addon you may be using , FScene , GEPro , Birdseye view ect. in order to display the correct texture tiles for that area.While UTerrain does have landclass it is more accurate at portraying towns and citys rather than rural .Myworld2004 is a good worldwide landclass that will work along side FSGenesis USA landclass.You only need to correctly layer the respective files in the scenery.cfg to achieve the effect you require.UTerrain has a landclass sandwich patch to enable it to show only the Citys and towns from its own landclassin order to work along with other landclass for rural locations.
HiThanks for clarifying that! FScene does however improve the overall look of fs9 textures right across Europe and that is why I mentioned it, as a compromise in the absence of any Europe-wide land class addon. But Myworld 2004, as you suggest, sounds like a better option.Bill

Yep, I have the US Landclass from FSG installed and I'm very satisfied with it. I was hoping that there was a product of similar type and quality out there for Europe.I think I'll give My World a try now as suggested by some.A big "Thank You" to everybody who responded in this thread.Wolfgang

To correct my earlier comment: I use FSG's US landclass for obviously the US and use MyWorld 2004's landclass for the rest of the world. They both work well together and at least from what I've seen, MyWorld's landclass is pretty darn accurate.