Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dale_Johnson

Satiek Pro Yoke Flight System

Guest Dale_Johnson

Hi,I got my new computer yesterday and i went to fly on fs9 and i had a problem with my yoke system. My aircraft won't turn whilst on the ground but will in the air. The alierons are moving when i turn the yoke system but the aircraft isn't. It won't turn with the Arrow keys either. It seems that the wheel is locked into place.Do you know why it is doing this and how i can fix it?ThanksDale Johnson

Hi Dale,You need to use the rudder to turn, not the ailerons. If you want to turn with the stick/yoke you will need to enable the auto-rudder, somewhere in the 'settings' menu (possibly 'realism settings' but I'm at work at the mo' and can't remember). If you want to go the whole hog, buy a set of pedals to go with the yoke :( .Out of curiosity, what sort of FPS did you get in the end?Regards,D

Guest Dale_Johnson

Hi Dave,I used to yoke system on my old computer and it turned fine so i don't see why it is not going it on here. I am getting 39fps but sometimes drop to 35 but not to much.Dale

It's not the yoke, it's the FS9 settings. Switch on the auto-rudder in FS9.30-40 FPS seems pretty reasonable to me though serious simmers are bound to disagree!

Guest Dale_Johnson

I am using fraps to records video which i am hoping to put on Youtube, It stays at 30 FPS but it laggs. Is this because i am using fraps? I want to record videos that don't lag. Can you request a other recording software which keeps the fps up and DOESN'T LAG!!!!!Dale

Guest Dale_Johnson

I done that but it is still lagging. It must be fraps because Flight Simulator runs alot better without lagging when fraps is off. What other recording software which is free can i use to record fs?Dale

Guest belga1

Hello,

done that but it is still lagging. It must be fraps because Flight Simulator runs alot better without lagging when fraps is off. What other recording software which is free can i use to record fs?Dale
IMHO .. FRAPS is the best you can find today for make FS2004 movies.Lags ...Like another write use half-resolution in FRAPS and set it to let say 30 FPS recording speed.Another trick!Do not record live your flight with FRAPS .. but instead .. use FSrecorder for record your flight.After that .. play the FSrecorder flight and record what you want of it with FRAPSEdit your movie with Movie Maker .. send to a video host ... and post link here biggrin.gifFsrecorder freeware:http://www.fs-recorder.netUsually the results are good.http://www.simteevee.com/watch.php?mdid=13...ry%29+test+fligRegards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,Seem's not bad to me ...Manchester ..Dunno if this is a addon .. dunno your traffic settings .. dunno your wheater settings .. dunno your PC specifications ... etc ..Sometime .. even the best system can be stressed .. and so when you add the task of FRAPS .. this can be some little problems ..I also seen .. sometime those small stutters can dissapear when you play a second time the Fsrecorder record .. or if you change the zoom factor or angle of view during the replay .. (you can set with Fsrecorder many "tower views" and also change them during the replay or even in a pause)So it's to try and find the best options before recording with FRAPS ...Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest Dale_Johnson

OK Thanks gus, I will do. It is just werid that it runs smoothly in fs but when you record it goes funny, So record with fsrecorder, Play a second time, Change the view and those stutters should be gone?Dale