Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Phraseology for FLEX takeoff at "TRP" Challenge?

I am typically flying the Maddog out of larger airports and have plenty of room to fly with FLEX takeoff. However, in the pre-start check below the line I can't seem to figure out the correct response to the "TRP" challenge. I can certainly get by the challenge by just saying "takeoff", but can't seem to get the response for FLEX takeoff. Per the checklist manual, the response if using FLEX is "___ Takeoff FLEX". I assumed the blank was your assumed OAT, but answering anything on the lines of "49 Takeoff FLEX" gets me no where. I've tried various combinations adding degrees to the temp or not and so forth. So, what exactly should I be putting in the blank to get this response recognized?

Eric Szczesniak

I am typically flying the Maddog out of larger airports and have plenty of room to fly with FLEX takeoff. However, in the pre-start check below the line I can't seem to figure out the correct response to the "TRP" challenge. I can certainly get by the challenge by just saying "takeoff", but can't seem to get the response for FLEX takeoff. Per the checklist manual, the response if using FLEX is "___ Takeoff FLEX". I assumed the blank was your assumed OAT, but answering anything on the lines of "49 Takeoff FLEX" gets me no where. I've tried various combinations adding degrees to the temp or not and so forth. So, what exactly should I be putting in the blank to get this response recognized?
Just tested it. The syntax is "Takeoff Flex". So, if you want to include the assumed temp, just pause a bit before saying Takeoff Flex. That is: "49... takeoff flex". I was able to make it work doing this.James

Just tested it. The syntax is "Takeoff Flex". So, if you want to include the assumed temp, just pause a bit before saying Takeoff Flex. That is: "49... takeoff flex". I was able to make it work doing this.James
Thanks. I just assumed the way it was written in the text that the "____" implied a blank to fill in. Never even thought to try "Takeoff FLEX". Works for me and I'm fine with that.

Eric Szczesniak