Sign in to follow this  
tomchou

Is this a sort of new performance improvement from Boeing?

Hello everyone!!Having just spotted some interesting photos on Airliners.net.Are they a kind of performance improvement from Boeing? or simply a DIY from EVA Air?Please note the protruding fairings under the wings.P.S. I'm not allowed to post the link to Airliners.net in this forum, but you could simply check it out on the website. B-16108, B-16109, B-16110, and B-16111 has them, I'm sure there are more that fitted with the new fairings.

The board admins wont allow it, uIts a extension on the back of the flap actuator fairing that a few operators opted to install. FedEx has a few. Its there to improve airflow, but when the flaps are at 50 or even 35 degrees, they get awfully close to the ground, so many airlines chose not to take that option.PIC

The board admins wont allow it, uIts a extension on the back of the flap actuator fairing that a few operators opted to install. FedEx has a few. Its there to improve airflow, but when the flaps are at 50 or even 35 degrees, they get awfully close to the ground, so many airlines chose not to take that option.PIC
Thanks for your photo!!I'm wondering if this nice feature would be added in the next service update~ :( I support PMDG MD-11!!