Sign in to follow this  
Guest brad_s

FS2004 not starting

HiFinally, I received my FS2004 here in Germany (ordered from simw.com)...So, I installed it and everything went fine during the install. Did a complete install and it used all four CDs for copying data onto my HD...Installation finished... No problems...Double-click the FS2004 icon ... and it doesn't start up. It asks for CD4 to be inserted. Well, I am not dumb or anything, but the CD with the large 4 printed on it and the advice 'Keep Disc 4 In CD Drive During Flight' next to that, should be the correct one...Now, I have tried both my CD-ROM drives (different types), so it shouldn't be a problem not recognising the copy protection on the CD...Anyone experienced a similar problem???Greetz,ChrisEDDFPS: I heard that the copy protection on Disc 4 might be flawed. Is that correct?

Guest brad_s

Hi Chris,Let's put a bump on this one. I'm having the same problem.Any suggestions out ther? I have tried 2 installs, made sure virus software was disabled, no apps running,etc.Brad StreeterKKLS

Guest brad_s

Hi Chris,That is correct, it is showing a full cd. I can't even open it frommy computer. Now what?!Thanks,Brad

Guest Jimbofly

Hi Brad,I think Chris is referring to a no-cd patch available at www.gamecopyworld.com. I am not advocating copying software, but I believe that if you're a genuine purchaser of FS9, and the copy protection doesn't work, you should be able to get a no-cd patch in order to make it work!James

Guest Pardue802

Not sure if this is the same problem, but it would seem to potentially be related. See our thread at: http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=127578There's a few of us there trying to figure out what the deal is.KennethP.S. Can you describe exactly how to get the no CD patch from gamecopyworld? I can't seem to figure out where it's at once I get there. Maybe I can try that and see if it works.

Guest brad_s

Kenneth,I did asearch under FS9 and d-l'd a .rar program, but don't understand how it works. I followed the instructions, but to no avail. I should know better than try to be one of the first on the block with a new flight sim. Seems to always work(or not)when I do.Regards,Brad

Guest Pardue802

Was the filename "ims-fs2004.rar"? If so, that's the one that I've tried, from another source. I didn't get anything but an illegal operation and Flight Sim shutting down regardless. So that one doesn't seem to work (at least for the problem I'm having)To answer your issue about using it, all you should have to do is un-rar the file, and replace the default fs9.exe file with the one included. Of course, it'd be wise to back up your original fs9.exe file.Kenneth

Guest brad_s

To All,Looks like I may be succesfuk getting it to load. Thanks for everyone's help. This is what makes this the best hobby around!Regards,Brad