Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmg715

installation(please help)

Guest jmg715

I'm trying to install 747-400 for fs9, but every time the program tries to load i get an error saying fs9 installation route not found. I am running windows 7 any help would be great. thanks

I'm trying to install 747-400 for fs9, but every time the program tries to load i get an error saying fs9 installation route not found. I am running windows 7 any help would be great. thanks
First try turning off UAC (User Account Control) -Start -> Control Panel -> User AccountsIf that does not solve the problem, then get this free utility which will check what the registry has for the location of your FS9 installation and change it if it is not correct:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeBe sure to run it and ALL FS related programs as "adminstrator".Hope that helps.

What sort of 747-400 ? POSKY ?Perhaps the auto-installer isn't finding what its setup indicates is the normal FS 2004 directory. I usually unzip the file to a temp directory and then within Windows Explorer drag-and-drop the new folder to FS9/AIRCRAFT. That works for me.I'm using Win 7 / 64, which has been "pesky" regarding FS 2004. Others have recommended installing FS 2004 on the root directory, i.e., "C:\," not within Program Files (either variant)Hope this helps.