Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Simulating Clouds Any Better?

Hi,I haven't purchased any of the new AS products for FSX. In FS9, I remember flying through clouds was like flying through vertical sheets of paper, and you could still see the ground or blue sky through cloud layers and stuff like that (Doesn't envelope the plane like in real life). So far it seems to be the same in FSX with default weather, I am wondering if ASX or ASA fixes this and gives you the sensation of really flying through clouds, or is this still an impossible feat for FS? The one sim I've found that really seems to closely simulate flying through clouds well was, LOMAC, it was very life-like and even produced the slight buffeting you get when flying through a cloud.Thanks,JeffP.S. if the answer to my question is yes, is there a video of it on youtube so I can see it.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi Jeff,We need to work under the limitations of the FS graphics engines. Clouds will not engulf your plane or hide your wings. Cloud layers can be affected.

Hi Jeff,We need to work under the limitations of the FS graphics engines. Clouds will not engulf your plane or hide your wings. Cloud layers can be affected.
J,Yeah, I figured it was an FS thing, LOMAC does it so well, its too bad, it won't stop me from buying AS when I get some more cash though, however, I am curious to know why it can't be done, what exactly is it about the FS engine that is holding your team back from getting around it? Hey I see you're in Michigan too, I moved up here last Winter, loving the Winters up here, so much more exciting than Las Vegas where I'm originally from, looks like we're going to get a few more inches in the next couple of days, awesome!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi,Yep, just saw the report about the snow. You'll maybe learn not to like the snow. It might be fun the first time through, but after 48 winters, I can take it or leave it. This has been a pretty calm season, with most of the activity in the past 2 weeks.It's just the graphics engine in FS that doesn't allow for clouds to be rendered near a plane, it's like a protective area around you.