Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Odd problem with FSX Logbook

I'm having an odd issue with the FSX logbook. It's not that big a deal to me, but I do kind of like having a log of all the flights, hours and landings I've done. A couple days ago I got the Captain Sim B-52 (ya, I know--but it's fairly cheap and is a very nice exterior model) and made a circuit around FSDT PHNL to test it out and then left simulator. A day later after making another flight I was looking at the logbook and noticed that it had recorded 2 landings for my B-52 flight (one at HNL and one at Ford Airfield). So within FSX edited the landing at Ford Airfield down to 0. Well the next time I looked at the logbook, it said this B-52 flight had made 297 landings, 296 of which were at Ford Airfield. At this point I just said forget it and deleted that entry (all through FSX, nothing fidling with external files). Well since then, all flights I've made are not being recorded. I did play around with the B-52 once before, never leaving the ground and deleted this entry since it wasn't really a flight. The problems I had were with this later flight I did and I suspect it's not related to the aircraft, but who knows. Any thoughts about what's causing this and how to fix it?

Eric Szczesniak

If you edited that logbook from within FSX you are asking for trouble!!!!There is a serious problem with the logbook editing facility in FSX. Youare very lucky that you didn't wind up with a corrupt logbook.bin, thesymptoms of which are FSX hanging on the splash screen.I would advise you, and anyone for that matter, to get Lamont ClarksLogbook Editor and ALWAYS use that program to make corrections,additions or deletions to the FSX logbook. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

ESzczesniak,It also advisable to have fsxlogrecovery11.zip which is a tool to repair a corrupt logbook (then use Lamont Clarks editor if you wish to make edits).I cannot locate the log recovery tool in the library. If your in need of it send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.