Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

Guanzhou airport

Flying from Bangkok to Guanzhou (ZGGG) in the LDS767. Everything in the box but nothing appears in the INIT REF apart from the speeds/flap settings. No runway info or ILS settings at all. No problem I thought - it is probably not an ILS equipped runway. Let myself down through 6000ft and noticed a large airport off to the right. Must be Hong Kong I thought. No, when the ND had me at 800 ft and 1 NM from rwy 03 at Guanzhou I was looking at empty paddocks. Cleaned up and found the airport I had passed earlier and landed safely but is this unusual? it is the first time it has happened to me.Gerry

They built a new ZGGG in a different location in Aug 2004 after FS9 was released. You probably have a more current AIRAC data for LvlD which is designed for the new airport (rwy 02L/02R). Haven't tried it, but there is an AFCAD for the new airport in this package:http://janswebsites.110mb.com/downloads/fs...inals-final.zipthat might solve your problem.zgggabi.jpgzgggb.jpgscott s..

Scott,Many thanks for that explanation. That would be it I suppose. I am not sure what to do with that zip file though - does it place the airport in the correct location or is there more involved? I am not familiar with AFCAD so would it be better if I just left it as it was?Many thanksgerry

I extracted the pertinent files out of that download and installed for test. I would say if you have no experience with AFCAD or other "manual install" type scenery addons, don't try it unless you are really interested in ZGGG. On the whole the dev did a nice job, but there are a few things that could use correcting or cleaning up IMHO. But if you want to try, I can give you some help, though I would probably want to send out a couple replacement files.scott s..

I have a problem with Guanzhou (ZGGG) airport.  I installed new scenery from avsim library (file = jetways and terminals for ACOF). I have new Guanzhou airport (ZGGG) showing within FS9 and the new AFCAD is there. However, there are now no AI planes at either the old or the new airport!!!!   Can anyone help me here?

Regards 

What were you using for ZGGG before you added the new scenery ? The default FS9 airport ?  Did the AI traffic appear there ?

Did you add your new scenery installation to the FS9 scenery library ?

Peter Schluter

Many thanks pschlute for your response. It prompted me to do a bit more work on problem solving the issue. I gradually de-installed the add on sceneries I have for ZGGG and eventually got back to the default scenery where the AI did appear. So gradually added the  add-ons back in. Then I found that in inspecting the add on folders a bit more there were 2 AFCAD files in the folder. One produced by AFCAD 2.1 (Lee Swordy) and the other one called afcad-ZGGG added by the original scenery designer. I removed the AF2 file and my AI have appeared at the new airport. So, problem solved.