Sign in to follow this  
Dragn

Moving Maps

Hi all, Just returning to flight after 2 yrs and even tho I have a great FS9 installation I installed FSX on a new computer. It looks amazing! I'd like to ask a few recommendations .FSNavigator doesn't work in FSX. :-( Is there something comparable for FSX that can be displayed on a separate monitor?Textures and weather. I like the looks of REX2 and Active Sky for FSX so far. What about ground textures?Thanks for any input.Best, RobRedding, CA

Robert Abernathy

Rob,Must have addons:Mesh: FSGlobal2010Terrain: Ultimate Terrain X series (US, Canada, Alaska, Europe)Ground texture: Ground Environment X nHanced (US and Europe)Weather and general environment: REX2If you're interested in flying in Australia, you can't get passed OrbX sceneries. They are releasing their first US addon somewhere in the next few weeks.Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Never had FS Nav, and I guess they don't have all the bells and whistles, but there's a couple of options that can provide moving map, Plan-G and FS Widgets both use Google terrain as their backgrounds. The FS9 FSM moving map also works in FSX. FSMMM you have to kind of "roll your own" by downloading sectionals (or other maps) from the library where available.scott s..

If you still have your old PC then you can run FSCommander on the second machine and connect it through WIDEFS, that is probably going to be as close as you can get to FSNav..........G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks everyone for your replies. It helps a lot. Shame there is no FSNav for FSX. I love how you can see all the various airports around you and info for ILS , etc at a glance. I'll check out the other options right away. Wish I had my old PC now but the MB went south on me.Thanks, Rob

Robert Abernathy

Thanks everyone for your replies. It helps a lot. Shame there is no FSNav for FSX. I love how you can see all the various airports around you and info for ILS , etc at a glance. I'll check out the other options right away. Wish I had my old PC now but the MB went south on me.Thanks, Rob
FS Commander 8.4, thats your best bet, similar to FSNav., not quite as versitile, but it will get the job done. About $50 bucks I think.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

You can get Plan-G at http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/ for free. I use it on my laptop connected via WideFS and it works great. Has all the airport data and a moving map off the Internet to boot. Can switch to Google Satellite view if needed. I usually just leave it in map or terrain mode to make it update a little faster. Also works with FS9 equally well for those who do not have FSNavigator. Technically, this is a VFR program but it works for IFR good 'nuff.I also usually don't connect because once connected, the updates are pretty slow so I just import my flight plan and monitor progress manually.

I use skyvector for my maps and NACO for plates in the UShttp://skyvector.com/http://naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=aeronav/applications/d_tpp

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FS Commander 8.4, thats your best bet, similar to FSNav., not quite as versitile, but it will get the job done. About $50 bucks I think.
8.6 is out. You can choose between AC or map movement.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png